UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Friday poll

Dane Pound

Friday Poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Delaware, probably the biggest crowd ever for a Capital-area college sports team to play in front of (will be passed by Montana crowd in September). Hopkins win is very close. Other nominee - women's first basketball win over Siena since 1975.

'Regular season' eliminates MBB championship in Patrick Gym, NCAA wins vs. Loyola lax and Harvard and Hofstra softball, with baseball and NCAA track still pending.

I went w/ the LAX win over JH simply because they are a LAX Final Four team and a classic LAX program. Though LAX doesn't draw the fans or attention that other sports draw (i.e., football and basketball), that win really put us on the map within the College Lacrosse sphere, where as the other wins arguably weren't, IMHO, as notable within those individual sports' spheres. I guess what I'm saying is that more attention was given in the college LAX circle to our win over JH than the attention given to our notable wins within the the other sports' circles. But I could be wrong about the attention that was given to our program regarding the Delaware win. I know less about our football program than some of the other sports, so I concede that I could be off here ... .

PS - Of course, one's vote will probably come down to the variables that each of us employ to measure a strong victory. For me, it was strength and tradition of the opponent, as well as how far that team went in the post season. I tried not to compare one sport to another sport, given that a sport like football or basketball dwarfs other sports in many respects; rather, I tried to look at the strength of a win within each sport as compared to other wins for us in that same sport. Hope I made some sense here ... .

I went w/ the LAX win over JH simply because they are a LAX Final Four team and a classic LAX program. . . .

Men's basketball victory at home over Bucknell might be another good choice. Although the team struggled early in the season, Bucknell did go on to have a 20+ win season and go to the NCAA's.

I wentsomething else, as the win over VT in Patrick (1st ever), got us in the NCAA again and will pay big dividends on the recruiting front, but the Hopkins and Delaware win are probably doing almost as much in those sports.

I think it has to be the win over Hopkins, because they are such a storied program in the sport. It also helped put the UA lax team in a national spotlight, and they had one hell of a season. Was never much of a lacrosse fan but watching the few games I did this year, I got to really like it. Hopefully the boys will come back strong again next year!

Archived