UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: The Vick saga

Clickclack

ESPN

Wow.....Vick is about to be taken behind the woodshed by the feds. If in fact the indictments are true then he deserves whats coming to him. This section particularly made me sick to my stomach.....and I'm not a huge animal lover although I've had a dog and cat before.

"Yes. It's hard to imagine any other outcome. The charges are serious, and the evidence against Vick presented at trial will be nasty. The government's case includes evidence that Vick and his cohorts "tested" pit bulls for ferocity. If the dogs failed the test, the indictment charges, they were executed by hanging or drowning. In one case, with Vick present, the indictment says a dog was slammed to the ground until it was dead. In another incident, a dog was soaked with a hose and then electrocuted. Those aren't the sort of transgressions that lead to probation and community service. It's the kind of behavior that results in punishment, and the punishment will be jail time."

This is beyond SICK!

I am so done with the Vick family. It seems like so many short years ago I was drunk off my rocker and spilling beer on people in my seats at Alumni Stadium watching Vick put on one of the most insane performances of all-time, highlighted by a ridiculous zig-zag 80+ yard scamper...after running from side to side to avoid the blitz...to beat Boston College with a minute to go.

Believe me, I have worked with MANY Fed prosecutors when I worked as an attorney for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I would be SHOCKED if the Feds didnt have a 85%-90% solid case against Vick.

Dog-fighting is as dispicable as molestation, rape, and pre-meditated murder.

I hope they throw the book at him.

Atlanta, should have kept Schaub.

ESPN

Wow.....Vick is about to be taken behind the woodshed by the feds. If in fact the indictments are true then he deserves whats coming to him. This section particularly made me sick to my stomach.....and I'm not a huge animal lover although I've had a dog and cat before.

"Yes. It's hard to imagine any other outcome. The charges are serious, and the evidence against Vick presented at trial will be nasty. The government's case includes evidence that Vick and his cohorts "tested" pit bulls for ferocity. If the dogs failed the test, the indictment charges, they were executed by hanging or drowning. In one case, with Vick present, the indictment says a dog was slammed to the ground until it was dead. In another incident, a dog was soaked with a hose and then electrocuted. Those aren't the sort of transgressions that lead to probation and community service. It's the kind of behavior that results in punishment, and the punishment will be jail time."

This is beyond SICK!

I bet the Feds have some pretty solid evidence considering the high profile nature of this. You can bet they made damn sure all of pieces fit together, which means Michael Vick is done. What an idiot...so much talent, so little brains.

Question now is- will he be suspended before camp?

I've done some reading etc. the fact that the feds got an indictment almost assures that this guy is going to prison. Apparently they don't indict someone unless the case is pretty much an open and shut case. That fact that he is indicted bodes very bad for him. The conviction rate is something in the order of 90-95%.....I'm no mathmetician/statistician but them there are not good odds.

Its unethical for a prosecutor to bring an indictment unless he believes he can get a conviction. Even more so in the "Post Nifong" Era of high profile prosecution.

As I said on AGS...the way people treat animals is a direct correlation to they way they perceive human life. Dog fighting is despicable and society should not stand for it. In NY he'd be charged with a felony and rightfully so.

The conviction rate is something in the order of 90-95%.....I'm no mathmetician/statistician but them there are not good odds.

Except that Vick is in the top 5 -10% of income - that should improve his odds a lot, unfortunately.

Archived