UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Involved with an OH prospect

FWIS ScoutHoops has updated the Albany recruiting page and show us as being involved with a one Tom Prichard, 6'8" 200lb PF prospect out of Lakewood OH (same town as Reid Anderson). ScoutHoop lists him as a 2 star recruit and Rivals has him at 3 start.

Coach Brown has let it be known that we have two commitments for the class of 08 with him still looking for a big man who can step out and hit the outside shot (a Brent Willson type). Could this be the guy? No scholarship has been extended as of yet, per ScoutHoop.

Vermont also involved......

Just something to pass the time!

• 2 weeks later...

Scouts is reporting that we have offered Tom Pritchard. From what I can gather, he is a big man a bit in the mold of Brent (something Coach has said he's looking for) has a good outside shot to stretch the D. Currently holding offers from a big ten school (IU) as well as interest from Virginia, Providence and others. Both Scouts and Rivals rates him 3 stars with ESPN rating pending. He is from the same HS as Reid Anderson so I'm hoping our coaching staff has a solid line of communication with his current coach and that perhaps Reid playing for us can work in our favor. This guy would be a nice pickup since he obviously has some talent.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

I follow these a few sites pretty closely, it really is hit or miss. Allot of times the information is a few weeks if not more out of date, but it does give you a good gauge at what type of talent we are involved with (to some extent) and what type of player the coaching staff is looking at. Again, it's far from accurate.

It's probably pretty rare that we hear about one ahead of time. Brent Wilson and Jason Siggers were the ones that come to mind that the recruiting services were right about. They're mostly good for finding info about them after they signed.

I believe it's a double edged sword.

Coaches seem to pick and choose what information they let out. If they tell everybody who they're recruiting it may attract more suitors to that prospect. If they feel they have a kid locked up (very strong verbal) they may choose to get some info leaked out to the public.

Also, some times recruiting sites ask players - who has been contacting them? - and the player, their coaches and/or their advisors will mention certain schools and the sites will run with it.

It's almost impossible to know who has been officially offered because coaches cannot talk about recruits until they are officially signed.

We just have to believe D96 when he tells us he has been offered by Duke and Maryland!!!! :wacko:

:o:D:o

I believe it's a double edged sword.

Coaches seem to pick and choose what information they let out. If they tell everybody who they're recruiting it may attract more suitors to that prospect. If they feel they have a kid locked up (very strong verbal) they may choose to get some info leaked out to the public.

Also, some times recruiting sites ask players - who has been contacting them? - and the player, their coaches and/or their advisors will mention certain schools and the sites will run with it.

It's almost impossible to know who has been officially offered because coaches cannot talk about recruits until they are officially signed.

We just have to believe D96 when he tells us he has been offered by Duke and Maryland!!!! :wacko:

:o:D:o

Huh? I dont usually get into recruiting information on this board...unless I cut and paste something.

That...is not my style.

Archived