UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT - Wyland

NYR

I had this crazy thought this morning to stream Wyland at work and listen to a little local Sports talk....I pulled up the feed and Wyland is asking Kenny how many Parliments he's smoked this morning and then trys to get on topic...."Milestone Weekend" he says "Milestone Weekend...Kenny I think you could call this weekend Milestone Weekend" I turned it off.

So the answer to the question is 15 seconds. That's how much of Wyland I can stomach in the morning

As the play by play guy he does an alright job, as for his radio show i can only take small amounts 5-10 minutes.

I tolerate Wyland because he does provide a service to the university even if the rest of his musings can become irritating.

As for sports talk radio shows, however, please do not get me going on anything ESPN. I think they may need to burn down their studio and rediscover their roots.

Agreed....I can only stomach the guy for like 2-4 minutes at a time 3 times a year. He is beyond awful with his....Hi buddy or any number of other stupid sayings.

Murph at least knows his sports, but it irritates me that when he comes out of the break the first 10 minutes of the segment is him reading some ad. I understand that he needs to pay the bills etc. but it goes on for like 10 minute with him repeating the same things OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Other then that at least he knows his sports. Wyland is clueless, fairly decent as a play by play man though.

Agreed....I can only stomach the guy for like 2-4 minutes at a time 3 times a year. He is beyond awful with his....Hi buddy or any number of other stupid sayings.

And it's gotten worse in recent years. I can vaguely remember the show when it was on WROW in the late 90's, but it's only been in the last few years that the non-sports stuff has seeped up into the show. Maybe marrying Kelly and having two more kids (while the first two are excelling at HS/DIII sports) is a source of fodder.

Murph at least knows his sports, but it irritates me that when he comes out of the break the first 10 minutes of the segment is him reading some ad. I understand that he needs to pay the bills etc. but it goes on for like 10 minute with him repeating the same things OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Other then that at least he knows his sports.

Murph's other downside is that he is a good example of local cynicism that pervades many areas save for this board (which even I'm guility of). Makes for a depressing listen at points.

Regardless of what happens, all of this might be at risk soon because looking through the ratings 980 currently has literally none; dumping Imus back in January cost them most of their regular audience. At the same time, The Team (with no local staff and less revenue than 980) is getting decent ratings, probably Yankee-inflated.

Archived