UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Colgate has a great RB and a great LB (he is similar to Disch but a little smaller). They have VERY tall recievers and a big TE. Their O-line has decent size but small compared to Montana(then again the Giants are small next to them) so we should match up well physically on D. The QB situation is similar to ours in that they have several players who are untested competing for the job, so hopefully we can get turn overs against them. If I am their coach I hand the ball of to the back and give him safe passes to work with.

Colgate is coming off a subpar year and will be ready to play. They will be better then everyone on AGS is saying. With that being said if (and its a BIG IF) we can get production out of the qb this year I think we could win this game going away. I NEVER SAY THAT! We have a HUGE O-line and we must establish the running game whether they load up the box or not. If Esposito is as good as advertised and reads his progressions right we could really open things up. This game will be riddled with penalties and t/o because of the first game scenario. Lets hope we can keep that in check.

UA needs to be good in every phase as Colgate is going to be better then people think. This game will probably end up being close but I think we have the team and especially the D to hold them.

UA 17

Colgate 14

ruler,

Much appreciated I will be listening on the radio. Great to see fall sports kicking up, that means basketball is right around the corner, but I'm not overlooking the fall. I was in VA all week so as some there like to say....let's get'r done!

Word from Colgate:

Below you will find our Tailgating Policy for Tyler’s Field lot and practice fields. The lot opens 2 hours before kick-off, 11am this Saturday. The lot is located on the south side of the Reid Athletic Center off of Route 12B.

COLGATE UNIVERSITY - DEPARTMENT OF ATHLETICS

TYLER’S FIELD TAILGATING POLICY

The Colgate University Department of Athletics, in order to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all of its fans, has instituted the following guidelines for tailgating at Tyler’s Field.

Ø You are entitled to ONE parking space. Please do not set tables, chairs, or coolers up on adjacent parking spaces. We ask for your cooperation since space is at a premium.

Ø Vehicles and/or fans carrying beer kegs and/or excessive quantities of alcohol (wine, spirits and/or beer) will NOT be allowed into the parking lot areas. Vehicles and fans will be subject to search.

Ø Tailgating is only allowed until 5 minutes into the first half, during half-time until 5 minutes into the second half and for one hour after the completion of any game.

All parking lot areas are walked by Colgate Police & Security and Colgate Athletic Department Event Staff to ensure fans are finished tailgating at the scheduled times.

Ø Colgate Police & Security along with Colgate Athletic Event Staff have the right to refuse any patron admission if he/she is intoxicated.

So now we just need somebody with a big purple flag so we can see where to rally around.

Follow the Purple Flag---If anybody has one-----We will be wearing Purple

From every bit of info I have gleaned-- THIS IS A VERY WINNABLE GAME FOR US!!!

GO DANES!!

Does anyone know where you can purchase a large UA flag? I have not been able to find one anywhere.

Just read through the game notes and as usual we are BIG up front, which I think is key to winning at this level. Tougas should be a wrecking ball up there and Nguti(sp?) is absolutly HUGE! I would like to see these guys run over Colgate and beat them sensless with Omar Johnson and Beigle. Just keep it between the tackles baby!...Just kidding! Does Gary Jones have any eligability? Used to love that Offense during that era...just run it up the middle!

I figure both QB's will play and I have inquired about Esposito and heard glowing reports about him. Where was he last year? I also imagine they have a package that includes Bocanegra as well to confuse our opponents. Lets just hope our REC don't drop 40 some odd passes this year! It could be the difference!

Secondary will probably be tested but Colgate also has new personnel at QB. Got to have that pass rush!

I swear I am coming back as a scout in my next life!!!!!

Ford on Wyland's show today:

Had a fantastic preseason. Nicomini has mono, otherwise we're at full strength. Vinny will start at QB, he and Blasinsky were even after spring ball, but Esposito now has a slight edge. Probably won't go with a 2-QB system as neither has much experience.

Could be a great defense - the front may be better than last year, Dupont may be a franchise LB, losses at the corner, hope the front put enough pressure the corners won't be tested.

McCarty will get the majority of the carries, very explosive. Omar for short yardage, and Beigel. WR are better than last year. Wall the go-to, plus Bocanegra and DeAraujo.

Colgate much the same type of team we are. We'll try to run first, then go playaction. We'll try to take the run away, their QB is untested.

Fralicker and Lynch back at kicking.

Disch on the Sports Network Buchanan Award (defensive player) watch, as are Colgate's Gallihugh and Montana's Biermann.

Photos Story

Archived