UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Highlights for the Fall Sports Schedule (other than football)

My picks:

Field Hockey:

Siena - Friday, Sept 14th at 7 P.M. Well done to schedule this game in the evening when more alums can go. Great way to kick off the weekend with a drubbing of the Saints.

Vermont - Saturday, October 6th at 1 P.M. The Catamounts were picked third to Albany's second. FH at 1, football at 4 with some time in between for tailgaiting.

Men's Soccer:

Syracuse - Wednesday, Sept 12th at 4 P.M. Games with Syracuse just always have that extra something. I found myself watching UA - Syracuse rugby last year.

UNH - Saturday, October 13th at 1 P.M. The Wildcats were picked in the middle of the pack but it's homecoming weekend. Sorry to say I'll likely be in Hartford that weekend and miss the whole thing.

Women's Soccer

Boston U. - Thursday, October 4th at 3 P.M. Albany was picked last in the conference, BU picked first - This will be an epic upset.

Cross Country

UAlbany Invitational - TBA, October 13th.

Volleyball

Sounds like GoDanesGo will be at all the Volleyball games this year but the two best:

Siena - Sunday, Oct 4th at 4 P.M. in Loudonville. The Saints have improved each year, is the year they break through? I don't think so.

UMBC - Sunday, Nov 4th at 3P.M. The preseason pick for the conference championship, hopefully this trip to the Old Gym ends up the way the last one did.

amazing the turnover vball had...besides the seniors, bev hazzel transfered to CSU East Bay, Whitney Johnson has transferred, hillary white and mari serkowski are also gone...complete overhaul

Just interested. Why do you think Hazzel, Johnson, White, and Serkowski transferred?

not a clue. Hazzell was from California, so that maybe an explanation for her. Covering that team last year for WCDB was a joy! Some of the best sports and team play I have seen with my time here.

The one thing that really sticks out to me is that there is only 1 NY player on the team. Sheffield has two from Canada and then spread all across the midwest and the south, and then the few from out west. You think UAlbany's name is getting out there in the volleyball community?

I will try to make as many matches as I can with student teaching etc...

James Madison is the #11 team in the nation, and lost only 2-1...if you are going to lose to a ranked team, that does it. Remember Field Hockey is the #29 team in the nation, a team UA fans should not overlook.

James Madison is the #11 team in the nation, and lost only 2-1...if you are going to lose to a ranked team, that does it. Remember Field Hockey is the #29 team in the nation, a team UA fans should not overlook.

yes, good point!

Archived