UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Carpooling to Central Connecticut

So, here it is:

The little lady is willing to travel to New Britain to watch the second UA game of the season, against CCSU. I figure if the Alumni Association is going to offer a free party at Chili's that I would be a fool to miss it.

So, in the name of camaraderie, and due to the high gas prices of today, I am offering my services for a carpool.

I work in downtown Albany right next to the highways, and would ideally like to leave at 3PM, but I am flexible.

So drop me a line if you want to do this, and I promise you'll make it back in one piece.

So, here it is:

The little lady is willing to travel to New Britain to watch the second UA game of the season, against CCSU. I figure if the Alumni Association is going to offer a free party at Chili's that I would be a fool to miss it.

So, in the name of camaraderie, and due to the high gas prices of today, I am offering my services for a carpool.

I work in downtown Albany right next to the highways, and would ideally like to leave at 3PM, but I am flexible.

So drop me a line if you want to do this, and I promise you'll make it back in one piece.

Haggy,

I work just a few buildings down from you in the federal courthouse (just down the block from the DEC), but I won't be able to get out early; otherwise, I'd chip in for gas and go along. I do plan on going to that game though. I'll probably head over on the Mass Pike and then south on 91. Though if I leave from Catskill, I might consider taking 84 and then going north on 91 ... not sure yet.

Though if I leave from Catskill, I might consider taking 84 and then going north on 91 ... not sure yet.

Going that way from Catskill is a waste of time and money. It's a good 15ish miles longer than 87 to 90 to 91 and it's kind of going out of the way by going south to ultimately go north. There are two shorter ways from Catskill to CCSU though which are visually more interesting.

1: 87 to 90 (Exit 21A), 90 to 91, 91 to CCSU (Goggle says its shorter but the curves of the Taconic as well as 84 through the Litchfield foothills will slightly increase travel time)

2: The scenic route, taking Route 23 into Massachusetts, US 7 from Great Barrington to Canaan, CT, then Route 44 and local roads from Canaan to CCSU (or some variable, check Google), considerably shorter in distance (~90 miles vs. ~130 miles via Interstates/Taconic) but about the same time wise and a BEAUTIFUL this time of year.

It's your move, but 87 to 84 to 91 is the way to a thinner wallet and less time to enjoy a Danes win.

Though if I leave from Catskill, I might consider taking 84 and then going north on 91 ... not sure yet.

Going that way from Catskill is a waste of time and money. It's a good 15ish miles longer than 87 to 90 to 91 and it's kind of going out of the way by going south to ultimately go north. There are two shorter ways from Catskill to CCSU though which are visually more interesting.

1: 87 to 90 (Exit 21A), 90 to 91, 91 to CCSU (Goggle says its shorter but the curves of the Taconic as well as 84 through the Litchfield foothills will slightly increase travel time)

2: The scenic route, taking Route 23 into Massachusetts, US 7 from Great Barrington to Canaan, CT, then Route 44 and local roads from Canaan to CCSU (or some variable, check Google), considerably shorter in distance (~90 miles vs. ~130 miles via Interstates/Taconic) but about the same time wise and a BEAUTIFUL this time of year.

It's your move, but 87 to 84 to 91 is the way to a thinner wallet and less time to enjoy a Danes win.

Thanks for the info Srabby! I'll employ the first option~

I, unfrotunately, can't make the game because of work. And now found out I have to head down to LI this evening..for work. So I can't even listen to the game on the radio.

Any chance that anyone (probably those who know me) would want to send me a text or two during the game to keep me updated on the score? I'd appreciate it. Just let me know..

Archived