UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Let the hype begin

MTS

Saints and Danes ready to tip it off again this Saturday night at the Times Union Center. Despite Albany's success over the past two seasons, I still feel all of the pressure of this game is on Siena's backs.

Siena is coming off a tough loss at Ivy league favorite Cornell. We've beat Stanford at home and Fairleigh Dickinson at Syracuse and lost at Syracuse by 8, James Madison, and Cornell of course. I think Albany fans will admit that Siena is their toughest test to date though at Bucknell certaintly wasn't an easy game.

This game won't be easy but I think the Saints match-up well against the Danes. The Danes appear to be bigger, while Siena is quicker. Siena can score points with the best of 'em but their defense has struggled all year long and they struggle rebounding the basketball at times.

Anyways it should be an excellent game. I think it will draw 13,000 for the first time since the game restarted in 2001.

What do you think of the match-ups, game, etc?

IMO,

1. This game is overhyped in general - it's another step for UA to get better as conference play approaches. I would trade a loss for a tournament appearance every year.

2. That said, Siena is the favorite - home court, defeating Stanford...

3. Would be great to have 10k to 12k fans at the TUC - good for the kids.

Also, big weekend for UA sports - big football game at Dayton and Volleyball at State College...

IMO,

1. This game is overhyped in general - it's another step for UA to get better as conference play approaches. I would trade a loss for a tournament appearance every year.

2. That said, Siena is the favorite - home court, defeating Stanford...

3. Would be great to have 10k to 12k fans at the TUC - good for the kids.

Also, big weekend for UA sports - big football game at Dayton and Volleyball at State College...

This could be a monster weekend for UA if we could pull off the triple Lindy:

A) Beat Cleveland State in Happy Valley (Siena has NO SHOT at the No. 1 team in the nation, Penn State-- well a small shot as all do).

B) Silence the Dayton fans by whoopin' their collective asses in a hostile environment

C) Take down the Saints.

All...will be difficult tasks...and I would be proud to have 1 of 3....but ecstatic for 2 of 3...orgasmic with the triple lindy.

I would install Siena as 5-7 point favorites.

If I had to take 2 out of the 3, only, I'd probably take wins in Dayton (football) and at Cleveland State (volleyball, NCAAs) before a win against Siena, as much as I would love to beat Siena next weekend of course ...

To my mind a loss against Siena means an automatic qualifier for UA to the NCAA's while the Saints' lockers gather dust. Isn't that the way things have worked out the last couple years?

Winning any of the other two competitions that day would be fantastic!

Archived