UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Dayton has the most annoying fans on earth

Haha. You have to take them with a grain of salt. Besides "DaytonFlyer" they are all pretty much ignorant as to the level of FCS football they play as compared to the rest of the FCS.

Plus, I think they are frustrated that they are a good team stuck in a conference going nowhere and they are constantly reminded of the progress the NEC has made.

I too hope we destroy them.

Albany Game notes posted

At the Community Breakfast Forum, Ford mentioned that everyone's healthy, and we'll have the same 22 starters that we had at Colgate to begin the season.

Not much about the stadium, except they seem to project an average attendance of about 8,000.

There was also a bar chart comparing us to Bing, SB, and Buffalo for athletic facility expenditures, Conference championships, and NCAA appearances. Something like:

____________$

____________$

____________$

_______$____$

_C ____$____$_____$

_C_____$____$_____$

_C_____$C___$_____$

_CN____$C___$_____$

$CN____$CN__$C____$

$CN____$CN__$CN___$00

Albany__Bing__SBU___UB

Ford on Wyland today:

What will the Gridiron Classic mean to the football program?

"It means we can keep pace with the women's volleyball team"

After eleven games, the ENTIRE two-deep, all 44 guys, are completely healthy.

Was surprised how easily we rolled thru the conference schedule.

Thinks we're slightly favored, will pound the ball. Dayton QB Hoyng reminds him of the Drake QB a few years ago, but bigger. Our defense will be stretched more than our offense. We should have an edge in the kicking game.

Albany Game notes posted

At the Community Breakfast Forum, Ford mentioned that everyone's healthy, and we'll have the same 22 starters that we had at Colgate to begin the season.

Not much about the stadium, except they seem to project an average attendance of about 8,000.

There was also a bar chart comparing us to Bing, SB, and Buffalo for athletic facility expenditures, Conference championships, and NCAA appearances. Something like:

____________$

____________$

____________$

_______$____$

_C ____$____$_____$

_C_____$____$_____$

_C_____$C___$_____$

_CN____$C___$_____$

$CN____$CN__$C____$

$CN____$CN__$CN___$00

Albany__Bing__SBU___UB

So what this is saying is that we spend less then half of any other school, yet we have 2 more conference championships and NCAA appearances than any other school?

Interesting.

So what this is saying is that we spend less then half of any other school, yet we have 2 more conference championships and NCAA appearances than any other school?

Interesting.

It's FACILITY expenditures in the Division I era, we're WAY less than half of anyone else, and championships not '2 more' but more than double. It was a bar chart and I couldn't see the actual numbers underneath

Stony Brook is now spending $16M to renovate their gym.

The Breslins were among the politicians there. McElroy pointed out the help LaValle had been to SBU.

Interesting.

It's FACILITY expenditures in the Division I era, we're WAY less than half of anyone else, and championships not '2 more' but more than double. It was a bar chart and I couldn't see the actual numbers underneath

Besides Fallon Field, what expenditures have we had during the Division I era? On the same note, what facilities at SBU, outside of Lavalle Field, were built in the D-I era? We at least had the foresight to build a facility in the D-III era in preparation of eventually going D-I.

I'm laughing at SBU and Buffalo's lack of success for money invested...how is it that we have magic for no money and these others can't buy our magic. It's good to see.

SBU has a new softball field (moved for FB); squash courts and Athlete Development (tutoring) center donated by the Goldstein family; and six new hardcourt tennis courts. Their arena was built in 1990, about 3 years before ours.

We've gotten football locker rooms, and a new tarp for the bubble a few years ago.

Archived