UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

FOX23 to Air UAlbany-Siena Post Game Special

FOX23 to Air UAlbany-Siena Post Game Special

Fans looking for more after Siena and UAlbany's annual Albany Cup showdown can get it with a FOX23 special post game show. The "Crosstown Showdown presented by Rose & Kiernan" will air on FOX23 Sunday December 2nd, 2007 at 10:30 PM.

The show will include an extensive review of the game action, interviews with players and analysis on the game from an area coach. Hosted by FOX23 Sports Director Rich Becker and weekend anchor Brent Martineau, the show will extend fans enjoyment of the weekend.

"We have always done extended coverage of the game," said Martineau. " Now with both teams battling for league titles and NCAA spots, it just made sense to take it to the next level."

The thirty minute show will also include flashbacks to past UAlbany-Siena matchups and other features related to the game and fans from both teams.

Siena and UAlbany restarted the series back in 2001 after a 25 year hiatus. Since the resumption, Siena has won 5 of the 6 contests, with each of the last two seasons going to overtime.

Nicely done, FOX.

Now don't forget to send a reporter to Dayton for coverage of the GridIron Classic.

Yeah....that'll be the day.

I'm so disappointed that this game will not be on TV. Its apparently streeming video online. Anybody want to hook up a computer the big screen at the Pub?

Nicely done, FOX.

Now don't forget to send a reporter to Dayton for coverage of the GridIron Classic.

I'm so disappointed that this game will not be on TV. Its apparently streeming video online. Anybody want to hook up a computer the big screen at the Pub?

It has always amazed me that $iena is against putting the game on TV. It's the biggest sporting event in this area and it isn't on yet some inconsequential game against, say, Iona does get on. Anyone have an idea why $iena would be against it?

Nicely done, FOX.

It has always amazed me that $iena is against putting the game on TV. It's the biggest sporting event in this area and it isn't on yet some inconsequential game against, say, Iona does get on. Anyone have an idea why $iena would be against it?

Scrabble-- he was talking about the footbal game...not hoop game. The Siena game is on TV locally...I believe.

Anyone have an idea why $iena would be against it?

Because they don't play in it?

It's Dayton versus UA.

Ah. THAT game. I'm surprised that ESPNU (which is airing the D-II Pioneer Bowl) or CSTV (which is airing the D-II women's soccer finals) isn't airing it which kind of shows how important this game is :(.

My comment on the lack of TV for UA/$iena in basketball stands, especially since both schools would benefit from TV coverage of the game and yet it's never been televised.

Nicely done, FOX.

My guess is because they want people to buy tickets to the game rather than sit home with the opportunity to simply watch it on their TVs.

Airing the UAlbany-Siena game on TV is the smart long term strategy. Building the fan base will add more butts in the seats for future years. Sure, there can be short term costs in lost tickets but long term you'll make up the money. Albany area TV is picked up as far south as Red Hook in Dutchess County (extended family lives there so I know). Airing the game on tv might draw fans up to Albany for a game. Get those new fans started by watching it on TV and then hook them into buying a ticket. The seats are too full of alumni and too few general basketball fans. I don't care if their alumni as long as they're paying and enjoying the game.

Airing the UAlbany-Siena game on TV is the smart long term strategy. Building the fan base will add more butts in the seats for future years. Sure, there can be short term costs in lost tickets but long term you'll make up the money. Albany area TV is picked up as far south as Red Hook in Dutchess County (extended family lives there so I know).

It goes a bit farther south. WRGB's on cable as far south as New Paltz (and at one point went as far south as Wingdale until a $einaty system merger), WTEN is as far south as parts of Poughkeepsie. WNYT, with its south-directional signal, goes only as south as Saugerties and WXXA isn't anywhere south of the NYC/Albany TV market line though it oddly is on Marist's campus cable system.

Of course, this only considers cable as off-air (antenna) viewership is much wider. WRGB's clear as a bell in much of northwest Connecticut, WXXA is viewable in Newburgh, and WTEN's satellite in North Adams has it coming in clear as a bell in Keene, NH. Problem with this analogy is that the game probably would be on TW-3 which isn't on anywhere in Greene County and only has a small slice of Columbia County (but covers most of Berkshire County).

Perhaps it's time to syndicate the TW-3 games to other Time Warner areas, putting it on TW Sports in CNY and Cable 6 in the mid-Hudson Valley would get some good out-of-market exposure. Perhaps if we end up in a CAA-level conference, it could end up an ESPN Plus game.

Archived