UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lord- It gets better and better on that board; Check this out:

Dane96

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love it!!!!! Way to go, D96!

I would also add, off the top of my head, National Division I LAX 2007 Coach of the Year ...

To just add some more heat to the fire:

With regard to track and field, "in previous USA national competitions, the Great Danes have produced five junior All-Americans, including Greene, Jessica Ortman, Jenna Ortman, Alyssa Lotmore and Ryan Gaedje." Moreover, how can we forget the incredible individual performances at NCAA Nationals of Joe Greene (4th or 5th in the 400h, correct?) and Marc Pallozzi, who finished eighth in the javelin at the NCAA championships.

And with regard to track and field and x-c, that's just the tip of the proverbial iceburg ... .

Joe was 4th to clarify. Not to mention he went to the World Junior Championships in Beijing and John Moore was a bronze medalist at the Pan-Am Games last season.

Explain to me again though how this is even an argument? The only sport that Siena can even argue for a rivalry in is Basketball. Other then that there is not a single thing that Siena does that can compare to Albany whether it be sports or academics or community. I don't need to rattle off the stats again because someone already did a much better job than I could.

You may have a bigger home court then we do but I would much rather be a fan at the RACC than the Pepsi Arena; more intimate, louder, better home-court advantage place to play, not to mention parking. Besides we can schedule a game year round; we don't schedule our home games around Bruce Springsteen and Muppets on Ice shows.

Not even Siena-fest can compare anymore after the woodstockesque Party that consumed all of Empire Commons after Fountain Day.

Can't we talk about something debatable? Like if a zebra is white with black stripes or the other way around?

I meant to put Pepsi Arena by the way, I refuse to acknowledge that assclown of a newspaper as the rights holder of the arena.

But do you acknowledge SEFCU?

no I don't. It will always be the RACC. No issues with SEFCU (other then the fact they are a bank/credit union and yet there is still not a single ATM in the RACC) but I really just like calling it the RACC.

Stupid we're not talking women's hoop - your weak if that's where your hanging your hat.

MAAC - PIG

UA 13th seed

Sorry Snatch. Your'e right.

It's funny how that story (Marist) got alot more national attention than UAlbany football.

It is what it is.

I'm confused by this comment? Are you comparing a team from your conference (not even your own team?) to a football team (our own football team) that won its conference and was the 1st or 2nd team out of the Division I Championship Playoffs with about 1/3 of the scholarships? I just wanted to clarify what you were trying to say? BTW, we'd love to set up a cross-town rivalry in football as well. Any day now.....

I meant to put Pepsi Arena by the way, I refuse to acknowledge that assclown of a newspaper as the rights holder of the arena.

no I don't. It will always be the RACC. No issues with SEFCU (other then the fact they are a bank/credit union and yet there is still not a single ATM in the RACC) but I really just like calling it the RACC.

I'll acknowledge them because I think whoever negotiated a 10 year, $2.75 million deal for a 4500 seat on-campus arena should be celebrated, along with the sponsor.

I've noticed the same thing -- sure would be nice to have an ATM in the SEFCU so that I can buy extra sandwiches and sunflower seeds. I asked the manager (?) of the food service whether they plan on serving pizza at some point in the future, and she responded "no" because they aren't able to produce pizza for the situation at hand. :*(

I suppose there is no reason why someone can't just order a bunch of pizzas and sell them by the slices ($2-$3/slice?) at a seperate table somewhere else in the Arena, absent some sort of no-compete clause in the school's contract with the food people servicing our home games. Sure would be nice to have pizza at the SEFCU ... .

But anyways, back to bashing Siena ... .

Stupid we're not talking women's hoop - your weak if that's where your hanging your hat.

MAAC - PIG

UA 13th seed

It's funny how that story (Marist) got alot more national attention than UAlbany football.

It is what it is.

I'm confused by this comment? Are you comparing a team from your conference (not even your own team?) to a football team (our own football team) that won its conference and was the 1st or 2nd team out of the Division I Championship Playoffs with about 1/3 of the scholarships? I just wanted to clarify what you were trying to say? BTW, we'd love to set up a cross-town rivalry in football as well. Any day now.....

Confused? You must have a problem with reading comprehension. The post was in response to a statement that the MAAC was "a dying league."

I guess I could have also mentioned how the St. Peter's mens soccer team received an at-large bid to the Div. I NCAA soccer tournament or how the Iona men's cross country team finshed second at the Nationals.

But all that pales in comparison to Albany's Bowl sub-division squad that no one outside of the Capital region has ever heard of before.

Saints 73 - your a fool

......the Iona men's cross country team finshed second at the Nationals.

But all that pales in comparison to Albany's Bowl sub-division squad that no one outside of the Capital region has ever heard of before.

I was in the city this weekend and surprisingly I didn't hear anyone spouting information about Iona's XC team.

That's not a knock on their great accomplishment it just a fact about mid/low DI conferences.

If ignorance is bliss you must be one of the happiest people on earth!

It's amazing how you Siena guys always have to seek out other programs in the MAAC to show the accomplishments of the conference, while UA can stay in house and show solid examples which can then be increased when going to the other conference schools.

MAAC - PIG

UA 13th seed

It is what it is.

Confused? You must have a problem with reading comprehension. The post was in response to a statement that the MAAC was "a dying league."

I guess I could have also mentioned how the St. Peter's mens soccer team received an at-large bid to the Div. I NCAA soccer tournament or how the Iona men's cross country team finshed second at the Nationals.

Well actually we play in the Championship Subdivision, not the Bowl subdivision. And once again I'm confused as to why you are comparing other MAAC schools to Albany and not Siena.

Well actually we play in the Championship Subdivision, not the Bowl subdivision. And once again I'm confused as to why you are comparing other MAAC schools to Albany and not Siena.

Frankly, compare Albany football to siena football or the maac football for all I care. When people talk about the maac being a dying league, football is exhibit A. Hockey too is another example where the maac died quickly.

Get it through your thick skull. The post was in response to an attack on the league, not Siena. Therefore, making reference to the accomplishments of other MAAC members is appropriate.

You're right, ignorance must be bliss.

Again lets talk maac football. Compare it to Albany football that you are trying to bad mouth if you like.

Okay, then, let's compare the America East Conference and the MAAC, and just for fun, perhaps the genesis of our inquiry may rest not with athletics but with the principal mission of a university (or "College" in the case of MAAC schools): How about we start with academics or average student debt (loans) upon graduation? No contest.

Archived