UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Aronhalt Watch

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake should have time to develop without much pressure on him. Brian will probably start at the 4 and Al or Brett at the five. We also have Jimmy that can rebound and play D down low. Anthony is probably the guy who will be pressed into service the quickest. Prep school probably did allot for his game as he played against some really good talent.

Bank it-- Aronholt will be a starter, or seeing significant minutes by conference time if he does what he is supposed to.

If Lillis had not broke his wrist...he would have played the same amount 4 years ago.

For those that are new or haven't seen the Raffa clips previously posted....head on over to youtube and Google his name. There is a ton of stuff on him. I had this nice thread all made up with link to all the vids but lost it a minute ago by accidentally clicking on the refresh button. Don't have the stamina to recreate it.

Anyone with more time on their hands than me care to look-up where the other first teamers in this article are playing next year?

The Prichard kid was on ESPN earlier this year, he's going to Indiana. They aren't all seniors or haven't all commited but those who have are going to Cincinnati, Dayton and Xavier.

A little more on Logan

Aronhalt named first-team All-Ohio

By SAM BLACKBURN

Staff Writer

COLUMBUS - Few players make first-team All-Ohio once, let alone twice.

But that's exactly what Zanesville's Logan Aronhalt did Monday.

A 6-4 senior, Aronhalt joined eight others on the Division I first team, which also included Player of the Year Yancey Gates of Cincinnati Withrow.

The All-Ohio teams are selected based upon the statewide recommendations of media panels from each district.

Aronhalt, an Albany signee, averaged 23.9 points and seven rebounds per game as a senior, when he became the school's all-time scoring leader with more than 1,500 points.

He started four years and played in the Division II regional tournament three times. He was first-team All-Ohio in Division II as a junior.

"That's unusual, to say the least. I don't know how many guys have done that," Zanesville coach Scott Aronhalt said. "To do it in two different (divisions), that's an indication of the level of respect our program gets around the state."

Scott Aronhalt said he saw Logan improve athletically during the summer, and he benefitted greatly from a trip to work with Kevin Martin's personal coach, David Thorpe, in Clearwater, Fla.

Martin is a former Blue Devil now with the NBA's Sacramento Kings.

"He was very confident, and he understands his game and what he can and can't do," Scott Aronhalt said of Logan. "The thing is, I just think he's going to get better ... His goal is to play professionally."

Scott Aronhalt expects Logan to contribute early at Albany, which finished 15-15 this past season.

"The more he plays as a true backcourt guy, the better he's going to get," Scott Aronhalt said. "He'll go in there at Albany and be aggressive."

Patch...I think you and I agree: FROSH WILL BE FROSH...but expect Logan and Anthony to be getting MAJOR minutes very early. I think people, myself included because I love the kid and his family,pining over the loss of LILLIS will be pleasantly suprised with his reincarnation-- LOGAN.

I would pencil in Lindfors for the same if he chucks on 15 of the 30lbs he is going to need to be A SUPAH STAH in the AE.

I fully expect the rookie of the year to run through Albany....and for us to have two guys on the all-AE rookie team.

Article published Mar 20, 2008

Coaches' association names Aronhalt as Player of the Year

Staff Reports

COLUMBUS - Add a new award for Logan Aronhalt to the list - Ohio Division I Player of the Year.

The Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association recently bestowed that honor upon the Zanesville High School senior - who led the Blue Devils to a 20-3 record, Southeastern Ohio Athletic League championship and wins over state champions Newark and Chillicothe.

Recent Division I Ohio winners have included Brett McKnight of Lancaster, Raymar Morgan from Canton McKinley, Columbus Brookhaven's Jamell Cornley, Matt Terwilliger of Troy and Lancaster's Kyle Greathouse.

The 6-4 Aronhalt averaged 24 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals per game, shooting 89 percent at the line and 48 percent from the field. He has been picked to play in the Ohio North-South All-Star Game as well as the Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Game.

Aronhalt is a two-time Eastern District Player of the Year, last year winning it in Division II, and two-time Times Recorder Prime Time Player of the Year. He was also named District 12 Player of the Year and Southeastern Ohio Athletic League North Division Player of the Year. He was also recently named first-team All-Ohio Valley Athletic Conference.

He will play his college basketball at Division I University of Albany, N.Y. State University. The Great Danes, who compete in the America Mideast Conference, made back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances in 2006 and 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I researched the previous winners and they all seemed to have nice careers, three of them in the Big 10.

Brett McKnight - Freshman at Akron playing big minutes

Raymar Morgan - Soph at Michigan St. - leading scorer

Jamelle Cornley - Junior at Penn State - 2nd leading scorer

Matt Terwiggler - Senior at Ohio State - 16mpg

Kyle Greathouse - done playing at West Carolina

<snip>

He will play his college basketball at Division I University of Albany, N.Y. State University. The Great Danes, who compete in the America Mideast Conference, made back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances in 2006 and 2007.

<snip>

University of Albany, N.Y. State University - this is a new one to me. I'll have to add it to the list of names that UA gets called that it shouldn't.

America Mideast Conference - Emperor Nero can't be happy about this one.

Nice to see Logan get the recognition, but that paper needs a better fact-checker/copy editor.

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Mar 20 2008, 10:44 AM) 32706[/snapback]
. . . America Mideast Conference - Emperor Nero can't be happy about this one.

Nice to see Logan get the recognition, but that paper needs a better fact-checker/copy editor.

Actually, the league had renamed itself. In honor of all the recruits UA gets from the region.

• 2 weeks later...

Three Blue Devils take game overseasBy BRANDON HANNAHS

Staff Writer

ZANESVILLE - A trio of Zanesville basketball players received a rare opportunity as they took their games overseas.

Logan Aronhalt, Cedric Harris and Joe Prati were part of nine players that participated in a 16-team international tournament held in Lissone, Italy, last week.

The three were joined by Dover's Eric Dummermuth and Tyler Gerber of Garaway, among others that had played AAU basketball, as CBIZ competed against European squads.

CBIZ was the lone team with players under 18 years of age since European players cannot play professionally unless they are over 18. Along with the age factor, CBIZ did not get to practice together unlike their foreign counterparts, who play together for nearly the entire year.

Despite those factors, the team fared well. They finished 3-2 in five games and were ninth out of the 16 teams as the standings were determined on record and point totals. The two losses were by a combined 12 points - five to Milano and seven against Lithuania.

"Some of the guys first met at the airport," Scott Aronhalt said. "We just jumped on a plane, took off and we played."

Logan led all tournament scorers with 29.2 points per game and posted a tourney-high 39 against Lithuania, which had starters 7-0 and 6-10. Harris averaged 14 points while Prati was limited to two games with a severe ankle injury.

The playing time will work to the advantage of all three, especially for Logan and Harris as each will play college basketball next season.

"This gave them some confidence," Scott said. "The international (three-point) line is further back, and the college line will be moved back about a foot next year so they handled that well.

"Just the experience of playing against size like 7-0 and 6-10 will help them around the rim. They will learn how to get shots off earlier and lay the ball in. Playing here will payoff (for both)," he added.

Besides a deeper three-point line and more physical play, there were a few other nuances the players had to learn on the fly. The traveling calls are different as each player must dribble before they take a step but is allowed three steps after they pick up their dribble. They also had to adjust to the pro style with a 24-second shot clock and 40-minute games, which took a toll on the team.

"We had to go with the flow and play," Logan said. "The refs spoke Italian so we couldn't ask them what they said so we had to accept what they gave us. The physicality of the game was at a whole other level."

"The pace was up and down for all 40 minutes. The players were physically manhandled around basket," Scott said. "My wife showed me a picture of all the guys sitting on the bench after the game, and they were physically beat.

"This is great preparation for going on to college. The guys got to see how physical it will be and make adjustments when playing against bigger players. It was a good personal experience for them," Scott added.

After an impressive showing, Logan will return to Europe. He will be on a team featuring players like B.J. Mullens and William Buford in the Rho tournament held in Italy starting on April 25.

That tournament, which is sponsored by the NBA and European Basketball Association (EBA), will give Logan a chance to showcase his skills to the pro scouts while playing alongside some talented players.

"I am looking to get better and picking up some of their moves as well as some from the European guys," Logan said. "I hope to impress some of the scouts, but it is amazing being this young and getting the chance to play against guys who are paid millions of dollars. It will be a great experience."

Archived