UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Don't look now

Maine women have a new coach and she's rebuilding. They didn't handle the ball very well, and our press really bothered them. Albany took a 20-2 lead, led 40-12 after 16 min., and cruised the second half to the 78-46 final.

Nice to be on the plus side of a laugher for a change.

I don't follow the women's team really, but is that some sort of scoring record, or at least the highest total they've had in some years, no?

We scored 86 vs. Colgate just last Nov. 15. This is the biggest win over a Division I team. Largest margin was 73 (98-25) vs. Staten Island in '95; as a D-I was 38 vs. St. Joseph (VT) in '99; previous over a D-I opponent was 27 over Bucknell in '04.

Simple, we're in first place at the moment, and I won't argue with a 16 seed. Do the women have a NCAA PIG?

Team AE Overall

Albany 2-0 4-11

Binghamton 1-0 3-11

Hartford 1-1 11-4

Vermont 1-1 10-5

Boston University 1-1 8-7

UMBC 1-1 5-10

Maine 1-1 4-11

New Hampshire 0-1 3-10

Stony Brook 0-2 5-10

Simple, we're in first place at the moment, and I won't argue with a 16 seed. Do the women have a NCAA PIG?

Team AE Overall

Albany 2-0 4-11

Binghamton 1-0 3-11

Hartford 1-1 11-4

Vermont 1-1 10-5

Boston University 1-1 8-7

UMBC 1-1 5-10

Maine 1-1 4-11

New Hampshire 0-1 3-10

Stony Brook 0-2 5-10

No PIG in the Women's tournament. As far as the season to come---look what UMBC did last season. I think ESPN just takes a look at the current conference standings---and at the moment the Danes are in the top spot.

Archived