UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Contract negotiations

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only deal I want to see is:

1.Always play the game at the Pepsi Arena

2.One year Albany is considered the home team, with our own announcers, halftime hoopla, etc.... and the next year its theirs.. so on and so forth.

3.All arena seats split down the middle: Albany gets one full end zone and one full side line, lower and upper levels, of tickets.

Anything else is a slap in the face.... UAlbany is the reason there were 13,000+ fans at the game this year. Otherwise, they pull in 4-5,000 per game.

If not, just like their coach says, it's not a disasterous thing.

The deal will be sweetened but I doubt we get everything we want. I think it will take another contract cycle and a few more really good season to make this deal truly equatable. Look at it this way, if we were Siena....would we give it up to an area startup? Thats why you have to take it, win some of these games against Siena, sell out the CUE constantly, make a few more trips and Siena won't have a choice. We can pout all we want, truth is we haven't gotten it done. If I was them I wouldn't give up the farm so easily either. Just my opinion.

The deal will be sweetened but I doubt we get everything we want. I think it will take another contract cycle and a few more really good season to make this deal truly equatable. Look at it this way, if we were Siena....would we give it up to an area startup? Thats why you have to take it, win some of these games against Siena, sell out the CUE constantly, make a few more trips and Siena won't have a choice. We can pout all we want, truth is we haven't gotten it done. If I was them I wouldn't give up the farm so easily either. Just my opinion.

In all due offense, I don't think the score of the game really has anything to with the contract. Siena played NJIT last season in a home and home series. They were a startup who added or subtracted how many fans from a typical Siena crowd. If LCC wants to cancel the series, leave the garbage bags on the seats and give up the money we made for them the last few seasons, that is fine we me. It is not like the Knick is where I have dreamed about seeing a game. For must see, you think of the places like Duke, Carolina, UCLA, Kansas, etc.

Good riddance........A game with Siena does not make a season. It can be lived without. Sometimes I think they need it more than we do. Give me a real rivalry game like Vermont or Binghamton any day. It's good to see we have developed some good AE rivalries.

In all due offense, I don't think the score of the game really has anything to with the contract. Siena played NJIT last season in a home and home series. They were a startup who added or subtracted how many fans from a typical Siena crowd. If LCC wants to cancel the series, leave the garbage bags on the seats and give up the money we made for them the last few seasons, that is fine we me. It is not like the Knick is where I have dreamed about seeing a game. For must see, you think of the places like Duke, Carolina, UCLA, Kansas, etc.

bob,

You are very correct on this topic. It really has nothing to do with scores, although UA can certainly say it has been competitive all through the series with the best opponents that Siena has been able to draw to the TUC. I don't care what the win-loss record is, please tell me what the average advantage that Siena has had at the end of the game? The average margin is less than 5 points.

The ONLY reason why Siena gets to host the annual game between us is because the TUC is the ONLY place in the Capital District that can handle the expected crowds. If Siena had to play in the ARC (where it used to hold its games), then we wouldn't be having this silly argument. Siena, as you point out in the NJIT series last year, does not impose its arrogant conditions on any other school.

I would like to see this game continue. It is great for the Capital District, great for the fans (the only large draw for the Saints this year), and great for the TUC (see today's story on its financial situation). If Siena is not more willing to make this game more equitable for UA fans, then I say can the game. We can go to someone else's court and pick up a handsome guarantee.

And let's skip the arrogance of Saints fan who predict we would lose the next few games in the years ahead and thereby hurt their RPI by playing us. Lowering its RPI was not a major concern by teams UA played in the past, such as Florida, Duke, or UCLA.

It's time this inequitable situation ends.

What purpose does the Siena gave serve us? More specifically, what purpose does a game serve us when we can schedule another home game (and draw 3,000-4,000 fans) or go on the road for a money game versus a high-major or power-conference opponent?

Drop the Siena game. I'd rather see us play, for example, UMASS, Colgate, Army, or Buffalo if we're looking for regional rivalry-type games (or to create a rivalry). And all of the foregoing teams come from better conferences than the MAAC, save Colgate and Army, but even with Colgate and Army and their Patriot League, the Patriot League has a good argument for being better than the MAAC some years.

Currently, RealtimeRPI.com has the Patriot League at #19 and the MAAC at #18 for Conference ranking, so a home game against, e.g., Colgate or Army (or a home and home w/ these types of regional schools) would in my view serve us well in place of the Siena game.

What purpose does the Siena gave serve us? More specifically, what purpose does a game serve us when we can schedule another home game (and draw 3,000-4,000 fans) or go on the road for a money game versus a high-major or power-conference opponent?

Drop the Siena game. I'd rather see us play, for example, UMASS, Colgate, Army, or Buffalo if we're looking for regional rivalry-type games (or to create a rivalry). And all of the foregoing teams come from better conferences than the MAAC, save Colgate and Army, but even with Colgate and Army and their Patriot League, the Patriot League has a good argument for being better than the MAAC some years.

Currently, RealtimeRPI.com has the Patriot League at #19 and the MAAC at #18 for Conference ranking, so a home game against, e.g., Colgate or Army (or a home and home w/ these types of regional schools) would in my view serve us well in place of the Siena game.

If the following DOESN'T happen, I do prefer dropping the game.

1.Always play the game at the Pepsi Arena

2.One year Albany is considered the home team, with our own announcers, halftime hoopla, etc.... and the next year its theirs.. so on and so forth.

3.All arena seats split down the middle: Albany gets one full end zone and one full side line, lower and upper levels, of tickets.

Total equality or NADA.

If NADA happens, then I like the idea of starting annual matchups versus UMASS and BUFFALO. I 'd love to see those two games added regardless of what happens to the $iena thing.

And I'd also like to create an annual matchup versus Syracuse, Boston College, or Connecticut.

Also, I'd like to see us drop the St.Boobaventure game. It's worthless in my opinion.

bob,

You are very correct on this topic. It really has nothing to do with scores, although UA can certainly say it has been competitive all through the series with the best opponents that Siena has been able to draw to the TUC. I don't care what the win-loss record is, please tell me what the average advantage that Siena has had at the end of the game? The average margin is less than 5 points.

The ONLY reason why Siena gets to host the annual game between us is because the TUC is the ONLY place in the Capital District that can handle the expected crowds. If Siena had to play in the ARC (where it used to hold its games), then we wouldn't be having this silly argument. Siena, as you point out in the NJIT series last year, does not impose its arrogant conditions on any other school.

I would like to see this game continue. It is great for the Capital District, great for the fans (the only large draw for the Saints this year), and great for the TUC (see today's story on its financial situation). If Siena is not more willing to make this game more equitable for UA fans, then I say can the game. We can go to someone else's court and pick up a handsome guarantee.

And let's skip the arrogance of Saints fan who predict we would lose the next few games in the years ahead and thereby hurt their RPI by playing us. Lowering its RPI was not a major concern by teams UA played in the past, such as Florida, Duke, or UCLA.

I believe it was Kenny....the 'Chinese' Hasbrouck who guaranteed a win next season. Let's see what happens with the negotiations. I can't say any of you guys are wrong....I definitely see what you guys are saying....especially that Siena gave a home and home to NJIT but they stand to lose more if they give us a home and home as I think they are reluctant to give us an inch. Giving us a home and home would signal a weakness as they have been reluctant to give in on any count. Honestly, the only way to make this game equal for both would be to make the TUC a neutral site and split it down the middle. If we were in Siena's position we would all be against giving your competitor such a huge concession. At this point I would even go for one at the TUC and one at the CUE and screw the fans that are going to be shut out. Broadcast the game on TV. I do agree though, the deal must be more equatable, I just don't think we'll get to true equality this contract cycle.

I'd hate to lose this game, because I want to break through and even up the overall series score. Say what you will, but if this game were to end now, we were owned by Siena. Some of you guys might be able to live with that and them rubbing it into our faces but it would eat at me. I want to win that game! Go look at the Chinese Saint's comments after this last game. If you are fine with him talking trash like that, then by all means, end it!

UA_MA, Why start up a new rivalry when you have a good start to one right here.

Bob, no idea what "in all due offense" means. Care to clarify?

bob,

I believe it was Kenny....the 'Chinese' Hasbrouck who guaranteed a win next season. Let's see what happens with the negotiations. I can't say any of you guys are wrong....I definitely see what you guys are saying....especially that Siena gave a home and home to NJIT but they stand to lose more if they give us a home and home as I think they are reluctant to give us an inch. Giving us a home and home would signal a weakness as they have been reluctant to give in on any count. Honestly, the only way to make this game equal for both would be to make the TUC a neutral site and split it down the middle. If we were in Siena's position we would all be against giving your competitor such a huge concession. At this point I would even go for one at the TUC and one at the CUE and screw the fans that are going to be shut out. Broadcast the game on TV. I do agree though, the deal must be more equatable, I just don't think we'll get to true equality this contract cycle.

I'd hate to lose this game, because I want to break through and even up the overall series score. Say what you will, but if this game were to end now, we were owned by Siena. Some of you guys might be able to live with that and them rubbing it into our faces but it would eat at me. I want to win that game! Go look at the Chinese Saint's comments after this last game. If you are fine with him talking trash like that, then by all means, end it!

UA_MA, Why start up a new rivalry when you have a good start to one right here.

Bob, no idea what "in all due offense" means. Care to clarify?

Bosiydid, I meant in all due respect I disagree with your point of the score in regards to the contract.

Anyway, my point remains the same and I don't see it as Siena making a concession to split the contract fairly. I said it 1000 times and I will keep saying it until there is a logical reason not to. If Siena doesn't like a split down the middle of a series that draws 10,000 - 14,000 fans a game, they are welcome to negotiate a comparable contract with any other school and see how it turns out. I don't see a long list of teams willing to play 2 out of 2 games in Siena's building and who can draw 10,000 fans to a game. If they can find a team then by all means they should schedule the game and not worry about the Albany game.

As far as Chinese saint's comments, I don't even know who that is and I don't care as long as he doesn't post them over here. I am sure he had extra time thinking up something "clever" the last 2 seasons while the saints season was over and UA was playing in the NCAA's. Making the NCAA's is still the number 1 accomplishment a team at this level can achieve. It is far greater than a regular season game in November or December.

Once again, the ONLY reason why the TUC holds the game is that it is the ONLY place large enough to handle the anticipated crowd. It just happens to be the place where Siena hosts its game.

Siena has no inherent right to host the UA game every year - with all the rights and privileges that hosting entails - which year after year UA fans do not enjoy.

Their "right" to do so does not come from a position of superiority. Otherwise, using the same logical process, it would not be playing games at such places as NJIT or Dartmouth, as it has done the last few seasons.

It is time to make the deal much more equal. There is no longer any need to pander to the Saints.

Archived