UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

We've Got Point Spreads

BracketBuster Games for the AE:

UAlbany -5.5 CANISIUS

Boston U -1.5 ST. PETER'S

UNC WILMINGTON -7.5 Vermont

MANHATTAN -4 Binghamton

Of note is that there are only four road favorites out of the 46 listed games, and the AE has two of them.

Disrespect by the committee? You make the call.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BracketBuster Games for the AE:

UAlbany -5.5 CANISIUS

Boston U -1.5 ST. PETER'S

UNC WILMINGTON -7.5 Vermont

MANHATTAN -4 Binghamton

Of note is that there are only four road favorites out of the 46 listed games, and the AE has two of them.

Disrespect by the committee? You make the call.

Disrespect by the committee?

Obviously! 3 of our teams got matched up against lowly maac teams. ( sorry for being redundant) Now the first 2 took care of business on the road. Time for UA to complete the sweep.

The AE may be having a tough year, but even in a down year there is not much difference between the AE and the maac in Basketball.

Disrespect by the committee?

Obviously! 3 of our teams got matched up against lowly maac teams. ( sorry for being redundant) Now the first 2 took care of business on the road. Time for UA to complete the sweep.

The AE may be having a tough year, but even in a down year there is not much difference between the AE and the maac in Basketball.

The difference between the MAAC and AE is at the top, IMHO. Our bottom teams both stinks equally. But the MAAC is clearly better at the top this year and most years (The Vermont teams of a couple of years ago could have won the MAAC, Albany probably be 3rd or 4th the last two years) Congrats on winning those games and I think Albany should bury Canisius tonight.

The difference between the MAAC and AE is at the top, IMHO. Our bottom teams both stinks equally. But the MAAC is clearly better at the top this year and most years (The Vermont teams of a couple of years ago could have won the MAAC, Albany probably be 3rd or 4th the last two years) Congrats on winning those games and I think Albany should bury Canisius tonight.

"The difference between the MAAC and AE is at the top, IMHO"

IMO, that is about as accurate as your prediction on the maac board that Bingo and BU would lose to the lowly maac teams today.

Not much difference at the top either. 3 of your teams tied for first this season played 3 of our teams tied for third. All of the games were played on the maac home court and the maac won by 8,4 and 4. You got those wins and your league had a better OOC November and December this season, but it is not like those results would still be the same if the teams played again on the AE teams home court.

Albany probably be 3rd or 4th the last two years (in the maac)

You still holding on to that nonsense. I think you had us 7th after the season ended, so we moved up last seasons results without playing. While the maac is having a better year this season, just about every knowledgeable source had the AE higher than the maac last season and most importantly the ncaa selection committee had UA as a 13 and Niagara in the PIG.

I know many of you may disapprove, and most definitely, the UA coaching staff will, but I'm going to call it as I see it, a la Coach Brown when I say that 2007-08 has been the most disappointing season of UA men's basketball I have ever witnessed. It makes no difference whether I'm looking at Division III or Division II years or more recent times. I knew there would be a slight drop this year without Jamar and Siggers, but the results have been very underwhelming. Granted, except for Duke, we have not been really blown out this year, but I am very disappointed with the overall record.

In 2003-04, the team stank, but they tried hard, AND you knew the team would be far better the following season.

This is unaccapetable. There are NO excuses. Up by 18 and you lose. We have lost numerous games where we have been up BIG - Boise St, St. Bonnies and now Canisius - I may even be leaving a game or two out. We all understood this wouldnt be the same team as last years, and everyone was comfortable with that. However, to lose to Canisius is embarassing. This team has the talent - we were up by 18. But where is the heart? Something has to change, but I don't know what. Luckily this wasnt a conference game, but in all honesty, this team needs to get their heads out of their @$$es. I dont think I've ever seen a team where we have all collectively said NUMEROUS times "they need to get their heads out of their asses". I don't know much about the senior leadership on this team, or at least in what capacity they tend to lead in, but if this was my Senior year, and my last chance at accomplishing something in my collegiate carerr and for some, in my basketball career, I would be UP IN ARMS.

Shorten the rotation, bench someone, do something. This inconsistency has not been cured. We play "decent" at UMBC and barely lose. We then play one of the worse teams in the MAAC, and lose.

I can't figure this team out, and I don't think they can figure themselves out. Once again, hopefully they can get their act together before the tournament, but at this point, I have no confidence in them stringing together the wins necessary to take the tournament.

This will be the biggest challenge for Will. His early Albany teams were expected to suck, and they did. The junior and senior year Jamar teams were expected to win and they did. Can he right the ship? Can be get more out of the team than they seemingly are capable of doing or are at least showing? That to me, is what makes a good coach.

Archived