UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Yale at Fallon Field tonight

Time-Warner trucks are already setting up for tonight. Let's hope there's a good crowd for the TV audience.

The construction trucks are still moving a lot of dirt around the new grandstand, but there are now a couple of rows of flagsticks marking the ground, so maybe they're almost ready to start pouring concrete footings or something.

I missed the link to the Times Union article on tonight's LAX matchup. Can someone post that link? :unsure:

Wait, maybe there isn't an article in the TU about tonight's LAX matchup vs. Yale? Could that be? There is, however, a nice story about a former local resident and graduate of Colgate (where he played LAX) who was apparently named as President of the professional LAX team, the Boston Blazers. Here's a quote from the article:

"Reffue, 38, knows the landscape of the Boston sports market. It's Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins, not necessarily in that order. Now, here's an indoor lacrosse team with weekend players. 'It's a very fair question,' Reffue said Monday from Boston. "This is all about finding our own identity in a city of champions. A high tide lifts all boats. I think there is a place for this in Boston.'" http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...wsdate=4/8/2008

Yes, I'm a Yankees' fan and fan of New York sports teams generally. But, are you kidding me?

new season has begun for the Danes after this win...5-5 heading into UMBC and Syracuse. This should be interesting now!

Please post a recap. I don't see it up yet on UA sports and I just got back from Mets. I know it was 11-1 at the half

For a change Albany won most of the faceoffs, especially at the start. It was 6-0 after one quarter, and 12-1 before a stretch where Yale scored a couple while Albany hit the pipes a few times and made some sloppy turnovers. Both teams missed a couple of empty-net shots (one where Queener's clearing pass was intercepted, the Eli missed a completely open net from inside 15 yards).

Sorry I missed this game. Caught the second half on TW3 when I got home. Great to see the team congratulating Babnik at the end of the game - he made some nice saves. Didn't realize he was a senior already.

If this win versus Yale doesn't get us back into the Top 20 (we were knocking on the door prior to the Yale (and maybe even Hartford) win(s)), a win at UMBC surely should vault us back into the Top 20 for Division I LAX.

Unfortunately, with UMBC's and UAlbany's "relatively" slow starts, despite playing stiff competition in close contests, these collective "slow starts" (certainly understandable given our relative youth and loss of scoring from last year - I'm thrilled with how well we played some of the first couple games despite losing) will probably result in only the automatic bid from the America East but no at-large bid for the AE as far as the NCAA Tournament is concerned.

Unless: UMBC wins out (including defeating us coming up) but we win the America East Tournament resulting in our auto-bid and UMBC possibly getting an at-large bid. Do I have the bids and America East tournament process down right -- the champion of the America East Tournament gets an auto-bid to the NCAA Tournament, correct? Thoughts? I believe UMBC got an at-large bid last year (and made it to the final eight as well), right?

you have it right.

Albany probably won't get an at-large unless 1) we beat Syracuse and 2) Johns Hopkins loses two more (they can't get in with a losing record) and 3) a couple of other teams finish poorly and also have losing records. So a VERY long shot at an at-large.

There are six automatic bids, and Syracuse and four ACC teams are locks, so there are at most five bids left for about 8 or 9 contenders. Hop is in if they finish 4-1.

Archived