UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1. Appalachian St. (76)

2. James Madison (2)

3. Richmond (1)

4. North Dakota St. (2)

5. Northern Iowa

6. Massachusetts

7. Montana

8. McNeese St.

9. Eastern Washington

10. Wofford

11. Delaware

12. Southern Illinois

13. Cal Poly (1)

14. Youngstown St.

15. Elon

16. Georgia Southern

17. Villanova

18. South Dakota St.

19. Eastern Illinois

20. New Hampshire

21. The Citadel

22. Eastern Kentucky

23. Fordham

24. Yale

25. Furman

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Harvard (33), Sam Houston St. (31), Delaware St. (29), Northern Arizona (27), Central Arkansas (24), Montana St. (24), Jackson St. (23), South Carolina St. (22), Jacksonville St. (18), Grambling St. (16), Liberty (16), Holy Cross (14), Western Illinois (13), Albany (12), Hofstra (12), Dayton (10), Hampton (10), Nicholls St. (7), Coastal Carolina (5), Colgate (5), Norfolk St. (5)

We are in a good spot here. Had we not lost to Dayton we would have likely started off in the top 25. I'm happy getting votes though. A couple win against UNH, UMass, Delaware, and Hofstra should help the cause.

1. Appalachian St. (76)

2. James Madison (2)

3. Richmond (1)

4. North Dakota St. (2)

5. Northern Iowa

6. Massachusetts

7. Montana

8. McNeese St.

9. Eastern Washington

10. Wofford

11. Delaware

12. Southern Illinois

13. Cal Poly (1)

14. Youngstown St.

15. Elon

16. Georgia Southern

17. Villanova

18. South Dakota St.

19. Eastern Illinois

20. New Hampshire

21. The Citadel

22. Eastern Kentucky

23. Fordham

24. Yale

25. Furman

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Harvard (33), Sam Houston St. (31), Delaware St. (29), Northern Arizona (27), Central Arkansas (24), Montana St. (24), Jackson St. (23), South Carolina St. (22), Jacksonville St. (18), Grambling St. (16), Liberty (16), Holy Cross (14), Western Illinois (13), Albany (12), Hofstra (12), Dayton (10), Hampton (10), Nicholls St. (7), Coastal Carolina (5), Colgate (5), Norfolk St. (5)

We are in a good spot here. Had we not lost to Dayton we would have likely started off in the top 25. I'm happy getting votes though. A couple win against UNH, UMass, Delaware, and Hofstra should help the cause.

I obviously would like to see us ranked higher but still, it's definite progress. I attended a D3 school, I'm sad to say. If we can achieve this respect with only 30 scholarships think what we can do with 64. I'm hoping the NEC approves more scholarships, UA gets a few upsets this year and we finally get our stadium funding. SUNY's #1 university center is on the rise.

Everyone should be happy to hear also that there will be no more "mid-major" poll or awards this year.

Which is great for us. That moniker has been a stigma that has hurt our program in recent years.

No more mid-major national championship...oo well. All we are missing now is an above a "low mid-major" football facility.

I hope this means that those who do the polls with take the NEC and Pioneer League more serious when it comes to rankings.

I hope this means that those who do the polls with take the NEC and Pioneer League more serious when it comes to rankings.

I wouldn't count on it for a few years. It will be a miracle if an NEC team makes the playoffs before the auto-bid kicks in in 2010.

Bottom line...if that defense gels with the basically brand new front 7...and we stop playing like we forget there is this little area known as "UNDERNEATH THE ZONE", we could suprise a few teams early on.

If we can get 3 wins out of that ridonk OCC schedule...and take the NEC with no losses...we are in the playoffs. Even if we go 2-3 (with those losses being respectable...and one being VERY TIGHT to one of the CAA teams)...we may get in.

Of course, as an at-large.

In light of Dane96's forward-looking statements I have highlighted our scheduled opponents next year as well:

1. Appalachian St. (76)

2. James Madison (2)

3. Richmond (1)

4. North Dakota St. (2)

5. Northern Iowa

6. Massachusetts

7. Montana

8. McNeese St.

9. Eastern Washington

10. Wofford

11. Delaware

12. Southern Illinois

13. Cal Poly (1)

14. Youngstown St.

15. Elon

16. Georgia Southern

17. Villanova

18. South Dakota St.

19. Eastern Illinois

20. New Hampshire

21. The Citadel

22. Eastern Kentucky

23. Fordham

24. Yale

25. Furman

Doh...I forgot the fordham game was scrapped. That was a game we need. Ughhh....we may very well go 0-4...but I think we can suprise Hofstra and UNH.

UMASS-- forget it....going to be an air show with Coen back.

• 3 weeks later...
I think we should beat Hofstra, and be in both the UNH and Delaware games into the 4th with a chance to win.

the UMass game is going to be a blowout.

Ya never know, anything can happen. Fordie deserves a win for the ages.

With a guideline on how to make the NCAA tournament laid out, maybe this creates the motivation UAlbany football needs to get there.

When was or when is the NEC conference summer meeting? Are there any recent rumors floating around about an increase in scholarships?

I think we should beat Hofstra, and be in both the UNH and Delaware games into the 4th with a chance to win.

the UMass game is going to be a blowout.

Ya never know, anything can happen. Fordie deserves a win for the ages.

With a guideline on how to make the NCAA tournament laid out, maybe this creates the motivation UAlbany football needs to get there.

When was or when is the NEC conference summer meeting? Are there any recent rumors floating around about an increase in scholarships?

Last I heard they were meeting in July. The prevailing opinion was that it would be moved to 40 but hey... that's just chat board gossip if you ask me.

AtlDane,

I've received word from a reliable source that we are going to 40 over the next two years. From the way it was presented, it sounds more like a solid fact than a general opinion.

Not exactly the best news... but any increase is better than no increase.

There's been talk on the board about grants, etc. through the athletic department/university

that supplements our scholarship total. By the time we have 40 scholarships through the NEC, how many additional players will be covered with Free Rides with current grants, etc.?

Grants and scholarships are both counted towards our 40 rides. Academic money is not counted - I don't think.

So whether we have 20 rides and 20 grants or just 40 rides - it matters not. We will still be capped at 40.

Grants and scholarships are both counted towards our 40 rides. Academic money is not counted - I don't think.

So whether we have 20 rides and 20 grants or just 40 rides - it matters not. We will still be capped at 40.

Damn.

Capped at 40.

Therefore, there's no way for the U to boost the free rides with academic $ or any other way?

Damn.

Capped at 40.

Therefore, there's no way for the U to boost the free rides with academic $ or any other way?

We can do academic money I believe, but it cannot be related to athletics at all. Meaning the student-athlete has to meet the same criteria as regular students.

I may be wrong though.

Archived