UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I read last week that the Delaware game is sold out?

Yes, it's Parents' Weekend/Homecoming. They're usually almost sold out anyway, 22,000+

There's a Ticket exchange board at the Delaware Fans forum

They have also said there are usually people selling extra tickets at the game, usually at cost, but I don't know about parents weekend.

Finding a someone at the tailgate at UD will be much more difficult as the parking spreads out nearly half a mile

The Sports Network prediction (and boy do I hope this is true):

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...aspx?id=4180293

Albany (1-1) at No. 10 New Hampshire (2-0), 12 p.m.

New Hampshire has put up its share of points over the past several seasons, due in large part due to the potency of Sean McDonnell's offensive scheme, but also because the Wildcats have had to, as a result of a porous defense. While the Wildcats' defense played well in its 28-10 win at Army a couple of weeks ago, last weeks 51-43 overtime win at Rhode Island raised plenty of questions.

Quarterback R.J. Toman was impressive for a second-consecutive week, connecting on 29-of-40 passes for 309 yards, with five touchdown passes and one interception. Toman has completed 41-of-57 throws for 447 yards, with five touchdowns and two interceptions on the season.

On the ground, the Wildcats have been equally as impressive, led by talented running back Chad Kackert, who has amassed 232 yards and two touchdowns on 23 rush attempts (10.1 yards per carry). Wide receiver Mike Boyle (13 catches) and tight end Scott Sicko (nine catches) have been the most-reliable targets for the Wildcats.

New Hampshire was out-gained 517-509 by a Rhode Island team that had been shut out in its previous game by Fordham. Of particular concern were the 480 yards the Wildcats yielded through the air. Outside linebacker Hugo Souza (18 tackles) and free safety John Clements (17 tackles) have been among the few bright lights for the Wildcats on defense.

Albany is riding a great deal of momentum after posting a 22-16 overtime win over Hofstra last week at home. New Hampshire marks the third of four-straight CAA opponents for the Great Danes.

In its overtime win, the Great Danes were led by running back David McCarty, who racked up 178 yards, including the game-winning touchdown. McCarty has been the top offensive weapon for Albany with 303 rushing yards and 79 yards receiving and a touchdown on five catches.

Leading the defensive charge for the Great Danes is linebacker Justin Brancaccio, who has 23 tackles in the first two games.

New Hampshire 42 Albany 38

I hope THIS is true:

Albany 42 New Hampshire 38

Anyone know if the UNH stadium sells out its home games, and if the Albany game is close to being sold out?

UNH doesn't usually sell out. They averaged 7242 last year which is at about 75% capacity.

CollegeSportingNews.com

Chuck Burton

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com...p;tb=1&pb=1

Albany at #10 New Hampshire. If the Great Danes win this one – and they have to be thinking about this – they will be supremely positioned to qualify for the FCS playoffs. And with Albany’s physical game – led by runningback David McCarty’s rushing – they might just have enough to wear out Wildcat quarterback R.J. Toman and linebacker Hugo Souza. Will they? The key will be making the most of opportunities – and I think that New Hampshire will – just- get enough of them to win this time.

Pummeled Wildcats 27, Greater and Greater Danes 23.

I love that. Greater and Greater Danes!

Dowd (CAA Today):

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com...p;tb=1&pb=1

Albany at No. 10 New Hampshire noon (Wildcats prevail at home): Albany beat Delaware a few years ago, and it has beaten Hofstra and taken UMass down to the wire. UNH struggled defensively big time last week against Rhode Island. This might be a tough matchup for UNH as Albany is capable of running the ball behind that big offensive line and controlling the clock, which could keep the ball out of the hands of R.J. Toman and the explosive New Hampshire offense. While it was mostly against the pass last week, still, UNH showed that it might have problems again on the defensive side.

I was tempted to pick the upset here. This could be a close game and an Albany victory here would not be a total surprise. But in the end, I am putting my trust in coach McDonnell and his staff, especially at home.

The Upset Meter Rating here is; [- - - - - - 7 - - -]

Archived