UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Taming Wildcats isn't easy Times-Union gameday story. On the front page. By Singelais. They couldn't have been listening, could they?

So now we know - 26 equivalencies spread over about 50 players.

Or do we. If I remember correctly, Fordie said 28 spread out during the NEC conference call.

I guess it doesn't really matter. What matters is he can bring in 6 full scholarship kids next year if he wants. I'd like to see a true passing QB. It would be nice to get some balance. Who knows though, he may have one on the bench getting ready right now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have won this game, you're damn right.

If it wasn't for that last second touchdown in the first half, I think we would have won.

Anyways, who the heck here thinks (with 2 extremely close loses to top 10 teams, which we could've won) that we should be at least ranked now?

If it wasn't for that last second touchdown in the first half, I think we would have won.

Anyways, who the heck here thinks (with 2 extremely close loses to top 10 teams, which we could've won) that we should be at least ranked now?

Maybe, especially since we have yet to be treated to a home game. Whom would you replace on the current list of 25 by Albany?

Maybe, especially since we have yet to be treated to a home game. Whom would you replace on the current list of 25 by Albany?

My ballot had Albany in at 25 last week.

We'll see next week but I wouldn't hold my breath. People love the Ivy league teams and with big wins for Harvard (over Holy Cross) and Yale (killing Georgetown who sucks) I wouldn't be surprised to see both in the top 25 taking a spot that should be for Albany.

From my perspective....this was a game of a couple of missed opportunities and some strange play calls. The one that made the LEAST sense to me was the fake punt that went NO WHERE! Otherwise we played our a$$e$ off and could have easily gotten the win. I'm down due to the fact that we could and should have won, they certainly didn't slam the door in our face, we just kept beating ourselves. If we could have capitalized on a couple of opportunities we would have walked away with the win.

Having said that.....I'm damn proud of the showing we had. For a team with roughly half the scholarship players of UNH and most of those partial anyways, we certainly did not embarrass ourselves. Our D for the most part manned up and should win us plenty of games moving forward. Esposito(sp?) was very very solid and deserves a ton of credit for his performance....the running game was also nothing to sneeze at; it was tough going since their D line is big and bottles up the middle nicely but McCarty was a horse he kept going and going.

Say what you will.....I'm proud of our kids the future and present is BRIGHT!

Chin up boys!

P.S. The other play that made me scratch my head was.....before the end of the second half when they lined up to kick the FG....why didn't they run the clock down or at least force UNH to call a TO(wasting one of theirs)? They then marched down in 40 sec and scored a TD and needed their TO's if they had one less....who knows!

P.S. The other play that made me scratch my head was.....before the end of the second half when they lined up to kick the FG....why didn't they run the clock down or at least force UNH to call a TO(wasting one of theirs)? They then marched down in 40 sec and scored a TD and needed their TO's if they had one less....who knows!

I need to agree with you on that one.

Very strange that we didn't wind the clock down before the half and kept using our time outs, giving them time. I kept saying to myself, wind the clock down.......

DP, I wouldn't have gone for that fake punt, when the score was still very close. But then again, people usually don't get anywhere without having some balls. Fordie's got the balls!

Regardless, the program looks amazing this year, and I think we'll give Delaware a good game as well. Damn proud of the boys, and they deserve a ton of credit for a great game.

I should wait till the game ends before looking for OT. Hofstra drives the field and kicks the game winning field goal. Go Pride!

I find it hard to root for Hofstra unless they are playing LCC or SB and we know they can't play LCC in this sport. I also don't know how much them winning helps us given that we are now 1-2 vs. their league. This one hurt on the radio. There was times I didn't hear the game all that well as I went to the Union game, but it certainly sounded like they had their chances to win today. The end of the first half I missed leading up to the TO. Hopefully we can get a decent article in the TU tomorrow. Well who am I kidding I'll get a good recap elsewhere especially when posters post articles from better newspapers here.

I should wait till the game ends before looking for OT. Hofstra drives the field and kicks the game winning field goal. Go Pride!

I find it hard to root for Hofstra unless they are playing LCC or SB and we know they can't play LCC in this sport. I also don't know how much them winning helps us given that we are now 1-2 vs. their league. This one hurt on the radio. There was times I didn't hear the game all that well as I went to the Union game, but it certainly sounded like they had their chances to win today. The end of the first half I missed leading up to the TO. Hopefully we can get a decent article in the TU tomorrow. Well who am I kidding I'll get a good recap elsewhere especially when posters post articles from better newspapers here.

The end of the first half pretty much cost the game. Danes were driving and instead of taking time off the clock they ran two pass plays that ended up in losses. Didn't take much time off at all and with 40 odd seconds left Fordie attempted a 49 yard field goal. It was short and UNH took over in good field position. They drove and score the TD. Huge momentum changer. Probably should have ran the clock down and punted on 4th down pinning UNH deep. Could have gone in the lockerroom with a lead and getting the ball to start the second half.

Tough loss. Should have been a win against a top 10 team on the road. Instead its a would've, could've, should've.

And one more thing. We need to get out of the NEC and get to at least 45 rides ASAP.

Maybe I missed it, but did the TU not even write an article? I guess going to the #10 team in the country and almost winning isn't worth an article.

They did, Singelais on the front page, but I don't see it online. Other than the game recap, Esposito thinks "I think we've underachieved. we could be 3-0 right now...if anything, we're a little disappointed". Of the fake punt, Ford siad "Bad decision.Westie called it, and it just wasn't there...I'll take the hit for that, and I coach Westie"

Espo on the 4th down pass "I think David McCarty was probably open. I felt like if I threw it with too high of an arc, UNH was going to be able to break on the ball"

Casale: "Mentally we've got to get a little tougher. We've just got to come together a little more"

On the first loss attempting to punt, Ford: "I don't know if we put a pad on anybody. We just didn't block"

Archived