UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blake Metcalf

Looks like Jon Puk won't be coming in '09. That completes our class.

Hoopmasters is confirming that he verballed. Apparently he was involved with Ball St. Eastern Kentucky, Middle Tenn. Ohio U and Valpo and he's visited a couple of those schools. Looks like a very strong pickup.

Welcome!

Hoopsmasters says.....

Will Brown and his Albany staff have received a commitment from wide bodied inside scorer Blake Metcalf...

According to a source close to the program, the Albany Great Danes have once again dipped into the Midwest to add a quality front court talent in 6-9 260-pound Blake Metcalf of Plainfield, IN

He averaged 13.2ppg and 9.4rpg while shooting 66.7% from the field while leading Plainfield to an 18-4 record as a junior. He showed his true potential going for 18 points and 14 boards versus Purdue commit Jeff Robinson in an upset win over his Lawrence North squad. He has excellent feet and surprising bounce for his size that will let him see lots of PT as a freshman for the Great Danes.

He chose Albany over Valparaiso, Middle Tennessee State, IUPU Ft. Worth, Ball State, Eastern Kentucky, and Ohio U

I like the bit about amazing feet and surprising bounce.

Looks like Jon Puk won't be coming in '09. That completes our class.

Welcome!

Who was the fathead who said Puk was coming next year? Oh, that's right, it was me :glare:

Great to see the recruiting class completed. Seems like it's difficult to be recruiting players while your own season is going on. Pretty sure this is our first recruit from Indiana - one of the last midwest states from which we haven't seen a player. Seems like a nice kid from the interview and I like the way he described his own game. Sounds like just what we will need in the future.

I love this kid already; Note the bolded portion:

“Jimmie (Covington) is is graduating and they’ll have a senior next year with Giff (Brett Gifford), so there’s definitely a chance to get playing time, if I earn it...”

Tough kid who wants to bang...and wants to earn his PT. Someone raised this kid right.

Seems like he should be a solid get, most good Indiana players know how to play.

To have someone other then your parents and friends rank you as the #1 center in the state should indicate you can play a little.

From Indiana Basketball Digest......

Centers

1. Blake Metcalf - Plainfield

2. Ed Hazlett - Warren Central

3. Andrew Smith - Covenant Christian

4. Michael Barton - Brebeuf

5. Justin Reid - Indianapolis North Central

6. Jordan Meyers - Forest Park

7. Zeph Vaughn - Rising Sun

8. Eric Summers - Lake Central

9. Dillon Sayman - Rushville

10. Kyle Koehne - Indianapolis Cathedral