UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game Notes

http://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/6109.pdf

St. Francis is bad. Really bad. 0-7.

Also, we have NEVER lost to St. Francis. The closest game was a 9 point victory in 2005.

With that being said - St. Franics is due for a win. And I hate to say it, but we have trouble on Fireworks Night. I never won a game on Fireworks Night. And we lost a few games that we should not have lost to teams much like St. Francis.

I am hopeful (like every week) that Espo can cut back on the turnovers. Fordie resorting to the option is an attempt to cover the inadequacy in the passing game. It spreads the defense much like the passing game would do if it was a real threat.

This is a good game to get it going. Throw the ball 20 times in the first half. If it doesn't work, pound St. Francis into the ground in the second half.

Also, I really hope we can get a real big crowd. Homecoming has usually drawn a big crowd. Its going to be a bit chilly this weekend and a 4pm game doesn't help that as the sun will be down on the home side by then.

Attendance for prior homecoming games:

2001 -- 4726

2002 -- 3919

2003 -- 5340

2004 -- 4213

2005 -- 1120 (rain game and 0-5 start to the season)

2006 -- 5964

2007 -- 6419

I think we can get over 7,000 for this game. I hope to see many of folks sitting on the hill!

I really hope that official invitations went out to all local politicians and to other major players in state government (SUNY officials, etc...). Come sit your butts on these bleachers with 7,000 other people and tell me we don't need a new stadium.

Game Notes

http://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/6109.pdf

With that being said - St. Franics is due for a win. And I hate to say it, but we have trouble on Fireworks Night. I never won a game on Fireworks Night. And we lost a few games that we should not have lost to teams much like St. Francis.

So, I take it you played football. Where did you play?

I really hope that official invitations went out to all local politicians and to other major players in state government (SUNY officials, etc...). Come sit your butts on these bleachers with 7,000 other people and tell me we don't need a new stadium.

Maybe if they get home with a bit of rust on their pants, they might start believing!

This would a great time to play a STATEMENT game... How about 70-0 !

If we take it as serious as teams like UMass and NH... who knows!

In front of 7k people!

If it downpours I'll be watching on TV at the Pub

Wimp.

It should only be showers until after dark, and the temp. will be near 60 at gametime.

:P

Only if downpours.

I'm a downstater now....Albany weather is like Canada to me......

I'm trying to find a pop-up tent for the tailgate just in case

I am ready to go tomorrow rain or shine. I will be bringing some stuff for all my bigpurplefans people, but we will of course celebrate at the alumnu tent etc...I am brining the parka-jacket just in case. I am ready!

BTW the sign at the RACC lot says the $5 parking begins at 9 am in case anyone wants to start real early.

That's good. This way the only cars in the lot will be those that paid and not any early birds.

I bought a few spots online. I'm assuming they will only sell the spots at the gate that haven't been sold online. I have a funny feeling this is going to get screwed up somehow.

UPDATE: I emailed the alumni office who told me that the spots purchased online are actually reserved in the lot and that there is a list at the gate.

what time is everyone planning on being at the parking lot tmrw? Also, is the GOLD and Touchdown Tailgate the same thing? I know I am in the Touchdown Tailgate, but I wasn't sure if it was the same thing. O well, I am ready to see all you guys again and enjoy some UA Athletics, even if it is like cats and dogs tmrw.

Archived