UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Roster

two things I learned

1) Michael Johnson...a strong athletic point guard who might be the best on-ball defender we have ever had (VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS)

2) If I'm looking for a UA basketball player and they're not in the gym...I should find the nearest African Studies class

It seems like every year at the inter-squad scrimmage or the meet and greet someone asks Coach Brown how many players he's going to have in his playing rotation. I'm pretty sure no one did this year but looking at the roster you have to guess the five guys returning from last year's rotation will get time:

Hastings

Covington

Giff

Connley

Ambrose

Coach has also mentioned rotating to the two PGs

Raffa

MJ

Also safe to assume Will Harris gets some (alot of) playing time so that makes eight. Maybe our new style of play pushes us up to playing 10-11 guys?

two things I learned

1) Michael Johnson...a strong athletic point guard who might be the best on-ball defender we have ever had (VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS)

2) If I'm looking for a UA basketball player and they're not in the gym...I should find the nearest African Studies class

NYR,

Go RED WINGS! ;-)

On the above-quoted post:

As to item #1, I noted the same and am equally as excited!!

As to item #2, not a bad choice of study, if I do say so myself, given that UAlbany's Africana Studies (as compared to an African-American Studies program; it is my understanding that there is a difference), is ranked #2 nationally behind Columbia University for graduate programs and up to #6 (from #10) for undergraduate programs in Africana Studies. See below for source and excerpt from source. Although the article is dated 2006, I believe our ranking remained the same in 2008, at least insofar as graduate studies and programs are concerned.

UAlbany's Africana Studies Graduate Program Maintains Ranking as Second in the Nation

Undergraduate and graduate programs both rank in top 10

ALBANY, N.Y. (June 20, 2006) -- The University at Albany's Africana Studies programs rank in the top 10 in the nation according to Diverse Issues in Higher Education magazine. The graduate program ranked second, behind Columbia University, for the second consecutive year and the undergraduate program ranking moved from 10th to 6th.

Other schools in the top 10 included Yale University, Temple University, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ohio State University, the University of California-Los Angeles and Berkeley campuses, Cornell University and Boston University

I add my own comment that this is yet another example of a reason to be proud of UAlbany's outstanding graduate schools' reputation nationally. Great stuff!

Archived