UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BPG Registration

They had me at pulled pork sandwhiches....

I liked the idea of voting for the BPG design in the lobby this year. Not sure if it's been done in the past and I missed it or not.

Just curious if there was a former player event on Saturday. I saw Levi, Lou Jordan (not uncommon) and Brent Wilson at the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So where are the Gold Alumni going after the BPG?

From the GOLD Invite email:

12th Annual Big Purple Growl & Ferocious Feast. Enjoy great food,

entertainment and giveaways at the Feast and then watch our UAlbany Great

Danes men's and women's teams slam dunk their way to victory against the

University of Binghamton Bearcats and University of Vermont Catamounts.

Then meet up with other GOLD alumni at the Across the Street Pub.

Where has the white-out been publicized?

Does this mean the Big PURPLE Growl tee shirts will be white?

They announced the whiteout last night to all 100 or so people in attendance's at the debacle, I mean women's game. I don't know where else if anywhere it has been publicized.

Yes, I am told the BPG shirts will be white. Apparently someone wanted/needed to save a little money this year as white shirts apparently cost a little less than purple shirts.

Where has the white-out been publicized?

Does this mean the Big PURPLE Growl tee shirts will be white?

I believe the Student Association knows about it, how exactly they are advertising that I don't know. Some in the Athletic Dept have reached out to UA Alumns to attemp to spread the news through the fan base. All three facebook events have been asked to also let their guests know about it.

It’s almost here, the biggest game of the season. THE Big Purple Growl! This year we had a t-shirt design competition by UAlbany students, for the Big Purple Growl. The design that was chosen really pops on a white t-shirt. Students, and those who will attend the Ferocious Feast will receive one. We encourage all other fans to wear white to create a unique atmosphere for this special event.

The event starts with the women’s game at 4:30 versus Binghamton. The Ferocious Feast starts at 5:00 and then the men take the court at 7 to take on rival Vermont. The game ticket gets you into both the women’s and the men’s game. Tickets are still available so inform your co-workers, neighbors, and friends to get theirs today. We will see you at the first official Purple Growl White Out!!!

Archived