UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ BUMA

Can't play 20 minutes and expect to win, I'm now down at all after this one, what BU has that we don't have is TWO guys that can go off. We have Will and if we are lucky Anthony and/or Timmy! When two of three are rolling, we are a much better team especially if Timmy is on. Will is a beast, simply a one man show on offense. This guy is making a very serious pitch for the first team.

Well a mad UVM on Saturday, this stretch is brutal!

wow...that time off killed the flow of this team.

how you let a team shoot 55% and you shoot 35% and let them shoot 50% from three point range and commit 9 turnovers in a half is beyond me. - GD06

I don't think they were trying to allow BU to shoot 55% and then tried to only shoot 35% and I don't think they were trying to let BU shoot 50% from three and then tried to commit 9 TOs.

Remember the Danes starts a very young backcourt - starting a freshmen at PG and a soph at 2g and Barazza, Mike Johnson and Billy Allen never played DI ball, that's alot of inexperience..

With all the problems you stated - we were down three and missed a wide open three as well as the front end of one and one. in the closing minutes. We must have tried to do something to get back in the game.

This team really struggles offensively (and defensively) when Ambrose and Raffa both struggle on the same nights. In our 4 AE losses the two of them have combined to shoot well under 28% and in each game the Danes still get within striking distance - 4 points in the closing couple of minutes.

In my opinion, it seems young players often let their offense impact their defense, which they shouldn't but they do.

When the season started it seemed like Aronhalt, Barazza and Billy Allen were going to supply the Danes with some perimeter scoring.

Aronhalt has been out the whole season, Barazza has some type of injury (ankle, foot, achilles???) and Allen has struggled to coming back off back surgery which shelved him for a year. Therefore we have almost zilch perimeter shooting.

Take a look at the AE Conference stats , we're 5th in 3pfg shooting and everyone below us is struggling to win games too. If you can't shoot from the perimeter it's hard to win. Where is Jon Iati when you need him???

3-POINT FG PCT G 3FGM 3FGA Pct

1. Binghamton 10 86 206 .417

2. Boston University 10 91 233 .391

3. Stony Brook 10 58 157 .369

4. Vermont 10 59 163 .362

------------------------------------------------------

5. Albany 9 48 147 .327

6. Maine 10 53 168 .315

7. Hartford 10 79 255 .310

8. UMBC 10 28 108 .259

9. New Hampshire 9 57 223 .256

By no means am I saying that 3 point shooting is everything but it sure would open things up - right now there are usually 4 defenders congesting the lane. It sure makes it tougher for Will, Timmy and Raff.

I'm not a happy fan with how they're playing but to insinuate they're not trying I think is false.

Sometimes some of the credit has to go to the team knocking down shots. Last night in the first half Hollad and Lowe were unconscious, partly because they are good and partly because we screwed up defensive assignments.

With all that's said - I think the team is trying but it's evident they aren't getting it done.

Archived