UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Overall UA 09-10 State Budget

MRSGDG

I don't know if this is new but there is 75 million in there for a "ASML High Tech Center". Does anyone know what that is? There's also another 50 million being put into the East Campus to make a Alzheimer's Disease center and some biotechnology thing. I'm not sure how new that is either.

I don't know if this is new but there is 75 million in there for a "ASML High Tech Center". Does anyone know what that is? There's also another 50 million being put into the East Campus to make a Alzheimer's Disease center and some biotechnology thing. I'm not sure how new that is either.

The Alzheimer's is from last year I believe and the ASML is a few years ago. ASML is a large chunk of the original NanoTech center.

These budgets are tricky to read. You have to look at the funding and then track back up to the introductory paragraph for that section of funding. It will say something like reappropriated from the budget bills of April 1, 2008 (or 2007, 2006, etc.). If it comes after that and isn't indicated in green, then its not new.

At least that's the way I understand how to read them. If someone (MsGDG?) has more knowledge or insight, please correct me.

At least that's the way I understand how to read them. If someone (MsGDG?) has more knowledge or insight, please correct me.

I haven't been able to look at the UA allocations as I am in the middle of looking for what my current employer has recieved this year (as long as it passes). But there are reapproriations in these budget bills from the 08-09 FY, and maybe some from older FY. Which bill are you looking at the Article VII bill or the approrpiation bill?

Both Article VII and Appr. bills. I know it has been posted on Cap Con on the TU, but incase those couldn't find it.

http://senate.state.ny.us/SenateReports.ns...and=1&Seq=1

EDIT: Yes it does look like the Alzheimer and ASML are Reappropriations.

I haven't been able to look at the UA allocations as I am in the middle of looking for what my current employer has recieved this year (as long as it passes). But there are reapproriations in these budget bills from the 08-09 FY, and maybe some from older FY. Which bill are you looking at the Article VII bill or the approrpiation bill?

Both Article VII and Appr. bills. I know it has been posted on Cap Con on the TU, but incase those couldn't find it.

http://senate.state.ny.us/SenateReports.ns...and=1&Seq=1

EDIT: Yes it does look like the ASML $75M is a Reappropriation.

I was looking at the appropriation bill. I haven't looked at the Article VII bill yet.

Just notes from news articles in regards to SUNY:

-$125 million more to the State University of New York, for a total of $2.5 billion in funding; and $86 million more to the City University of New York, for a new total of $1.4 billion.

- Higher Education: The Enacted Budget restores $35 million in modifications to the Tuition Assistance Program, $49 million in reductions to community colleges and $31 million in reductions to university-wide programs for SUNY and CUNY. The Enacted Budget also establishes the New York Higher Education Loan Program (NYHELPs) proposed by Governor Paterson in the Executive Budget. This initiative would provide, on an annual basis, a minimum of $350 million in loans to 45,000 resident students enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in New York State.

I can see this going in that open space across from the pond, near the old administration building.

on a side note... http://albany.bizjournals.com/albany/stori.../30/daily6.html ...seriously, $1B and somehow we can't convince them to maybe give us a few million for a football stadium?

Archived