UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Win the Chance to Attend a Men's Basketball Closed-Door Practice

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who has said we won't be having an Purple and Gold Scrimmage.

I can't find that anywhere on the UA site.

Did I miss something??????

dslyank asked, if the auction meant there wouldn't be a public scrimmage.

Actually probably my fault. Because the auction is on the same day the purple and gold scrimmage is usually held I put 2 + 2 together to come up with 5. Glad to hear there will be both.

One question:

-where is the online auction?

I cannot send a link because the only one I have appears to be secured through my e-mail address (I wouldn't want people bidding it up for me, would I?)

So, now that the date confusion seems to have been settled, we need to generate more interest if this is going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
One question:

-where is the online auction?

I cannot send a link because the only one I have appears to be secured through my e-mail address (I wouldn't want people bidding it up for me, would I?)

So, now that the date confusion seems to have been settled, we need to generate more interest if this is going to happen.

I am very interested and will contribute up to $100 if need be.

Here's my new line of thinking:

The e-mail correspondence states that the auction will be concluded at the golf outing reception. The top three bidders are all invited. I will assume that all reception attendees will be able to bid at that point.

So, I place a relatively low bid on the item, hope that interest is not that great, and I get invited to the golf outing. There I eat and drink for free, place no new bids on the practice, and maybe pick up a different item for hanging in the den.

Either that, or we make a more organized push to organize this. We would need to send a delegate to the golf reception to represent our interests (with a maximum group monetary investment previously determined.) We would need eight to ten guys committing to an equal individual investment beforehand. Thoughts?

While UA_MA has set his personal maximum at $100, even though it is in support of an athletic program I like to support, I would personally be more inclined to offer a $40 figure.

The e-mail correspondence states that the auction will be concluded at the golf outing reception. The top three bidders are all invited. I will assume that all reception attendees will be able to bid at that point.

So, I place a relatively low bid on the item, hope that interest is not that great, and I get invited to the golf outing. There I eat and drink for free, place no new bids on the practice, and maybe pick up a different item for hanging in the den.

Either that, or we make a more organized push to organize this. We would need to send a delegate to the golf reception to represent our interests (with a maximum group monetary investment previously determined.) We would need eight to ten guys committing to an equal individual investment beforehand. Thoughts?

While UA_MA has set his personal maximum at $100, even though it is in support of an athletic program I like to support, I would personally be more inclined to offer a $40 figure.

I like Haggy's approach; whatever amount you guys come up with, count me in. If that's $40, that's swell with me. Let me know what I need to do, who I need to contact, and who I should get that $40 (or whatever amount the group comes up with) to for payment/pooling of funds.

I like Haggy's approach; whatever amount you guys come up with, count me in. If that's $40, that's swell with me. Let me know what I need to do, who I need to contact, and who I should get that $40 (or whatever amount the group comes up with) to for payment/pooling of funds.

The minimium bid is $200 so the $40 plan among the three of us would leave us short. I'll go up to $67 which would at least get us in. Let me know and I'll lay down the bid.

The minimium bid is $200 so the $40 plan among the three of us would leave us short. I'll go up to $67 which would at least get us in. Let me know and I'll lay down the bid.

To date there is only interest from the three of us? (UA_MA, DP, and myself)

I will hit that $67 barrier with you also, but where is the interest from some of the local "old guard"?

I won't call people out individually, but let's get this thing rolling.

I'm in if it's cool with you guys.... :rolleyes:

We are desperate, but not that desperate.

Kidding. That's four. Let's keep the interest rolling...

There might be one significant hurdle that I'll need to overcome. Consider me in, if I don't go I'll still donate the money! It's for a good cause....in support of my favorite UA team.

Archived