UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Win the Chance to Attend a Men's Basketball Closed-Door Practice

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dane Pound and Haggyland ... I'm late to the dance here ... been very busy for many months ... if you need support $ and forgive my tardiness, count me in ... let me know how this turns out

Ditto! I would be thrilled to contribute if there are any "slots" available for me, and can hand-deliver (or mail, etc.) the amount needed at any time!

Just got the call that we were among the top three bidders and are invited to the golf banquet tonight. If any of you are already going to the golf outing and want to take my spot with the bidding just let me know. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it over there in time. We'll have a chance to up our bid tonight.

I am planning on attending tonight, but I will not be taking the BPF spot, so that is still up for grabs if anybody wants to step in.

I still have a vested interest (with you guys) in the outcome of this auction, so I guess we just need to know how high we will go.

There are five of us confirmed, and there is of course room for five more....

As an update on our bid status, I drove over to Pinehaven Country Club after work. The golfers all had about three holes more to play so I milled around until the cocktail reception started. While inside I browsed all of the items at the silent auction, and came across the closed practice. There were three total bids when I looked at the item. One bid was at the minimum, one was slightly over the minimum, and the last was for $500.

Realizing that beating the high practice bid was not something I wanted to do, and not wanting to feel like a freeloader for the dinner, I scribbled down a bid on a "kid's day with the team", and slinked to the exit.

So, I got to see some familiar faces, including some BPF members, 15 of the current UA players, and three former players. I had some pleasant conversation, a granola bar, two beers, and one sneaking suspicion that some corporation will be using the closed practice for client entertainment and possibly a tax write-off.

Archived