UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Campus Center Improvement Plans

GreatDanes06

Here's a question that I've been kicking around in my head....lots of space up there unused.... laugh.gif

Option A: Renovate UF, installing bleachers, new concessions etc. and never get a full blown football stadium

Option B: Wait indefinitely....5,10 years for a state of the art world class facility with the expectations that at some point down the road it WILL be built.

Option B. Option A is unacceptable and will, at the least, put off a real stadium for years and years, IMHO.

But you understand what waiting is likely going to do right?

1. No conference will take us.

2. No recruit will come here without a stadium or Coach Ford.

Adding those = 5-10 years of sub-500 football in the NEC.

I'd rather have a mediocre stadium than that.

Here's a question that I've been kicking around in my head....lots of space up there unused.... laugh.gif

Option A: Renovate UF, installing bleachers, new concessions etc. and never get a full blown football stadium

Option B: Wait indefinitely....5,10 years for a state of the art world class facility with the expectations that at some point down the road it WILL be built.

Option B. Option A is unacceptable and will, at the least, put off a real stadium for years and years, IMHO.

But you understand what waiting is likely going to do right?

1. No conference will take us.

2. No recruit will come here without a stadium or Coach Ford.

Adding those = 5-10 years of sub-500 football in the NEC.

I'd rather have a mediocre stadium than that.

At this point, that is exactly right.

A new stadium is NOT going to happen right now.

Our university president even said its not in the cards right now.

We can't fight for stadium funding without our president doing so.

Take the millions that we MUST HAVE by now, and start planning and

executing the University field upgrade, ripping out the track, putting the grandstands next to the sideline, and build the new track and field facility on one of the practice fields.

If the athletic department does not decide and commit to this now,

it will be the biggest flub in college athletics history.... with having Ford here now,

they better get off their butts and get going.

We probably wouldn't get stadium funding for at least 3-4 years, if we're lucky. Even if we got funding in the 2014 budget, the money probably won't be the amount that we've waited all this time for.... and due to constant delays and red tape, the construction and completion probably wouldn't be completed until 2020. Too late to take the chance and jeopardize A TON.

Stavisky is a hoodlum.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm guessing you are talking about the the completely stalled "SUNY innovation and economic growth act"

ITS NOT SESSION TIME. Uh... nothing is moving until January when they get back. People need to get the facts straight before b*tching all the time. Sorry to be so blunt but this has been discussed already.. http://bigpurplefans...36&fromsearch=1

Stavisky is a hoodlum.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm guessing you are talking about the the completely stalled "SUNY innovation and economic growth act"

ITS NOT SESSION TIME. Uh... nothing is moving until January when they get back. People need to get the facts straight before b*tching all the time. Sorry to be so blunt but this has been discussed already.. http://bigpurplefans...36&fromsearch=1

I was asking him what he thought. And I'll feel free to bitch on here whenever I want about whatever I want. Subject to everyone's (including your own) complete and correct factual revision when necessary.

I, like most people, are sick of politicians not doing their jobs. I know you work for some of them and they may be nice people, but Sorry - the NYS legislature did not and has not done its job. This bill was introduced in June and has not moved since. Whether that was due to the childish power struggle that went on in June or not, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is this stalled bill is just another example of the NYS legislature not doing its job.

I hate to be so blunt with this msGDG - but if you don't like the conversations (that are repetitive for sure) then don't read them.

Stavisky is a hoodlum.

I was asking him what he thought. And I'll feel free to bitch on here whenever I want about whatever I want. Subject to everyone's (including your own) complete and correct factual revision when necessary.

I, like most people, are sick of politicians not doing their jobs. I know you work for some of them and they may be nice people, but Sorry - the NYS legislature did not and has not done its job. This bill was introduced in June and has not moved since. Whether that was due to the childish power struggle that went on in June or not, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is this stalled bill is just another example of the NYS legislature not doing its job.

I hate to be so blunt with this msGDG - but if you don't like the conversations (that are repetitive for sure) then don't read them.

I do not work for a politician nor the Legislature.

Can you not accept that someone other than yourself might possibly know something? The legislature moves bills Jan-June (ie: "session"). If you have a personal problem with them only being in Albany during that timeframe, that's fine..but some people do like having their Legislator in the area they represent during July-Dec.

A bill is not "stalled" if it can not be voted on..to vote requires legislators in Albany which they are not during non-session time..and it has nothing to do with what happen with the Senate.

The end of session is to get done controversial bills, all the other random bills that need to be passed that were passed the year before but not by the other house.

A bill that is introduced June 6 will most likely not be acted upon until the beginning of the next session..ie January. Do you want them to pass the bill without reviewing it? If that did that the UB2020 bill would already be law, wouldn't it?

MsGDG,

With all due respect at times I feel like you chide people here like we are your children or something. Again, I mean no disrespect but you can be heavy handed at times. At least for me this board has at times been almost therapeutic...yes we rehash the same things over and over, sometimes to vent our frustration, to share new ideas etc. Isn't that what this board is for? There are polite ways to correct any misinformation and like danefan said, sometimes it's helpful to just release some of that frustration. I certainly don't fault him, I've been frustrated many times and might have said something that was a bit off, misinformed or what have you.

It's OK!

Stavisky is a hoodlum.

I do not work for a politician nor the Legislature.

Can you not accept that someone other than yourself might possibly know something? The legislature moves bills Jan-June (ie: "session"). If you have a personal problem with them only being in Albany during that timeframe, that's fine..but some people do like having their Legislator in the area they represent during July-Dec.

A bill is not "stalled" if it can not be voted on..to vote requires legislators in Albany which they are not during non-session time..and it has nothing to do with what happen with the Senate.

The end of session is to get done controversial bills, all the other random bills that need to be passed that were passed the year before but not by the other house.

A bill that is introduced June 6 will most likely not be acted upon until the beginning of the next session..ie January. Do you want them to pass the bill without reviewing it? If that did that the UB2020 bill would already be law, wouldn't it?

I can absolutely accept that someone knows something that I do not. I have a history of revising my posts or accepting factual corrections from everyone on here, including from you. However, I cannot accept someone chastising me like a child. This board allows us to have a conversation about things and learn from other people. Achieving that without the tone of your previous post has been easily accomplished in the past by all of us, including you.

This bill in the minds of most people who aren't familiar (or who are slightly familiar) with the legislature has not moved and is thus stalled. I don't want people to vote on it without reviewing it. I want it reviewed, discussed and moved through committee to a vote in less than 6 months. According to the bill tracking system this bill doesn't even have a companion bill in the Assembly yet.

And are you saying that no bills get passed between June and January? If so, then that is completely different than what I would have expected and that I do have a problem with. 6 months with zero action? How is that effective governance?

Most NYS residents don't understand their own state's legislative process..especially those who don't live in and around Albany..even less so residents of other states..like many of the commentors in this thread.

NYS legislative session is Jan-June..state government moves slowly..the state is lacking the $ needed to do a lot of things that need to get done. These are all issues 100x bigger than when/if we get a new football stadium..when the new campus center or business building gets built.

Thems the facts..and people complaining/debating/chose your phrase just isn't going to change it..at least any time soon.

MsGDG,

With all due respect at times I feel like you chide people here like we are your children or something. Again, I mean no disrespect but you can be heavy handed at times. At least for me this board has at times been almost therapeutic...yes we rehash the same things over and over, sometimes to vent our frustration, to share new ideas etc. Isn't that what this board is for? There are polite ways to correct any misinformation and like danefan said, sometimes it's helpful to just release some of that frustration.

Well put Bosi.

And are you saying that no bills get passed between June and January? If so, then that is completely different than what I would have expected and that I do have a problem with. 6 months with zero action? How is that effective governance?

You are correct. No bills get passed between June-Janurary unless the Gov calls them into session, in which they have to work on the bills he/she tells them to.

A state legislators jobs are not just to make laws, which is why the session is only 6 months long. I don't believe NYS is any different than many other states in that aspect.

Just because I understand how the legislature works, doesn't mean I agree with the things they do.

You are correct. No bills get passed between June-Janurary unless the Gov calls them into session, in which they have to work on the bills he/she tells them to.

A state legislators jobs are not just to make laws, which is why the session is only 6 months long. I don't believe NYS is any different than many other states in that aspect.

Just because I understand how the legislature works, doesn't mean I agree with the things they do.

That is completely new information for me. What else would you say legislators do, besides campaign (which in my mind includes public appearances and the like)?

It just seems completely inefficient to take an entire 6-month block off. If they need 6 months off, don't you think it would work better to have two 3 month sessions?

Archived