UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Road to the 2009-2010 America East Title

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mid October.

Time to give hoops a bit of attention.

Ever since I first saw Ambrose, his skill level reminding me of Jamar.

It seemed scary that every once in a while, he'd show those glimpses.

Wasn't it Jamar's junior year that he emerged from being pretty damn good to

being damn awesome. Hasn't Ambrose's first two years seemed similar to

Jamar's...

We've all seen the explosiveness...

We will need his leadership and his talent this year.

Is this the year?

Does he emerge as one of the best?

And help lead the Danes back to another AE Title and another trip to the NCAAs?

He has the talent to be an elite guard in this conference....with him it's mental. Can he get his head in the game enough not to commit silly fouls thus taking himself off the court? He could be a 30+ minute type of player if he can stay on the court. His numbers would be crazy if he did.

Who can forget the dominant performance against UVM....29pts in 20 minutes, he basically sat the entire first half and then came out and went absolutely crazy. Or the 28pts the following game at Bing.

I'd love to see Harris really assert himself this season....he should be in tip top shape and more comfortable with his surroundings. He had a great season last year but his talent level is top 5 in the conference....His second half at Lehigh last years sticks out. He just flat out came out in the second half and took over. It would be great if he played like he did in the first half of the AE slate last year before he got injured.

Tim and Will should be a lot of fun to watch....hopefully we'll get solid enough play at the PG spot and some outside shooting.

He has the talent to be an elite guard in this conference....with him it's mental. Can he get his head in the game enough not to commit silly fouls thus taking himself off the court? He could be a 30+ minute type of player if he can stay on the court. His numbers would be crazy if he did.

Who can forget the dominant performance against UVM....29pts in 20 minutes, he basically sat the entire first half and then came out and went absolutely crazy. Or the 28pts the following game at Bing.

I'd love to see Harris really assert himself this season....he should be in tip top shape and more comfortable with his surroundings. He had a great season last year but his talent level is top 5 in the conference....His second half at Lehigh last years sticks out. He just flat out came out in the second half and took over. It would be great if he played like he did in the first half of the AE slate last year before he got injured.

Tim and Will should be a lot of fun to watch....hopefully we'll get solid enough play at the PG spot and some outside shooting.

They will be fun to watch if Brown doesn't keep subbing like a mad man, putting them in the dog house for a tiny mistake and gives them more that 25+ minutes a game. Also no slowing the tempo to use his less than stellar offensive sets. UA needs to average at least 70ppg this season to have a chance.

They will be fun to watch if Brown doesn't keep subbing like a mad man, putting them in the dog house for a tiny mistake and gives them more that 25+ minutes a game. Also no slowing the tempo to use his less than stellar offensive sets. UA needs to average at least 70ppg this season to have a chance.

You won't make many friends with that post, but I tend to agree.

I don't think anyone is saying that the CB coached teams don't need to find a way to put the rock in the basket....where I disagree with Style is that he sits Ambrose because of the whole dog house notion. CB would leave him in if he didn't take himself out of the game with silly fouls.

Otherwise, no argument from me that the offense has been a disappointment, especially last year. Insane amount of TO's (poor PG play) and very little transition basketball because it would lead to additional TO's so we were stuck in a half court game and when Timmy wasn't out there (because of foul trouble) the offense was at a STAND STILL.

I don't think anyone is saying that the CB coached teams don't need to find a way to put the rock in the basket....where I disagree with Style is that he sits Ambrose because of the whole dog house notion. CB would leave him in if he didn't take himself out of the game with silly fouls.

Otherwise, no argument from me that the offense has been a disappointment, especially last year. Insane amount of TO's (poor PG play) and very little transition basketball because it would lead to additional TO's so we were stuck in a half court game and when Timmy wasn't out there (because of foul trouble) the offense was at a STAND STILL.

I agree if you get 2 fouls in the first half, you have to sit down. But with Tim sometimes it'd only be one, or it would be in the 2nd half and Brown would ride him on the pine. Brown also takes Ambrose or anyone else out for that matter if they get beat Once on Defense. He does it all the time, he has to quick a hook. I liked seeing Brown's emphasis on Defense, Rebounding and Quick Scoring. We know the Danes will rebound well and play tough defense. The real emphasis this season needs to be keeping the offensive players on the floor during lapses on Defense or silly fouls. No quick hook, and finding out a rotation and keeping it. Last season Brown went 12-14 deep in games, the rotation needs to be shortend to 10 players at maximum allowing the team to have a better flow during the games.

Last season Brown went 12-14 deep in games, the rotation needs to be shortend to 10 players at maximum allowing the team to have a better flow during the games.

Really? The roster only had 12 players who played last year. Aronhalt, 1 of the 12, played two minutes last season. McRae missed 10 games, Barrazza 9, Raffa 3, Allen 2 and Johnson and Covington 1. Really tough to go 12-14 deep, especially when you start with 12.

Last season Brown went 12-14 deep in games, the rotation needs to be shortend to 10 players at maximum allowing the team to have a better flow during the games.

Really? The roster only had 12 players who played last year. Aronhalt, 1 of the 12, played two minutes last season. McRae missed 10 games, Barrazza 9, Raffa 3, Allen 2 and Johnson and Covington 1. Really tough to go 12-14 deep, especially when you start with 12.

You know he went too deep on the Bench. Brown would use the janitor if he thought he could rebound and play defense if someone on the floor got beat once.

Also how many games did Brown lose with a double digit second half lead? Too many IMHO. Inexcusable, and things need to change this season from an offensive stand point.

You know he went too deep on the Bench. Brown would use the janitor if he thought he could rebound and play defense if someone on the floor got beat once.

Also how many games did Brown lose with a double digit second half lead? Too many IMHO. Inexcusable, and things need to change this season from an offensive stand point.

In other words " I am sticking to my opinion no matter how many facts there are that pokes holes in its validity."

You should not be an Albany fan. With your mentality, it would seem you would fit in better with many of the other LCC fans.

In other words " I am sticking to my opinion no matter how many facts there are that pokes holes in its validity."

You should not be an Albany fan. With your mentality, it would seem you would fit in better with many of the other LCC fans.

That is a little bit harsh, comparing a loyal Dane to an LCC fan.

There are few facts, but in this case the facts don't change the intent of his argument.

Watch a game where we trail by 10 with 3 minutes left. No one's getting pulled. He's got his best available 5 on the floor and he lets them play the game uptempo the way they've played it innately all their lives.

IMO it serves no purpose to simply toe the line.....some criticism at times is warranted, just because someone doesn't toe the company line 100% of the time doesn't make them any less of a fan. While I disagree with a lot of what Style has to say I'm not gonna call him an "LCC fan". 99% of us are fans through and through and want nothing but the best for the team and the school but there is always room for improvement.....TO's and lack of consistent outside game are just a couple of things we can/NEED improve on.

Bosiydid

I have no problem with a legitimate discussion on what can be improved.

That is not what DDS brought to the table in his fire coach rants, etc and he has absolutely no understanding or perspective on what UA has already accomplished mostly under Coach Brown , the current AD and the staff in my opinion. Nor does he have any appreciation of the difficulty it is to win championships without taking shortcuts IMHO

Archived