UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Road to the 2009-2010 America East Title

IMO it serves no purpose to simply toe the line.....some criticism at times is warranted, just because someone doesn't toe the company line 100% of the time doesn't make them any less of a fan. While I disagree with a lot of what Style has to say I'm not gonna call him an "LCC fan". 99% of us are fans through and through and want nothing but the best for the team and the school but there is always room for improvement.....TO's and lack of consistent outside game are just a couple of things we can/NEED improve on.

1st of all what is a LLC fan? 2nd of all bosi is right, I don't have to toe the company line nor stick my nose up Browns rearend. I think the offense stinks, and it does I'm only pointing out the obvious and want to see vast improvements this season or the doubt of Browns ability to coach offense seriously needs to be questioned. I am a big fan of UA and wish them all the success in the world I bought season tickets this year and I'm going to support the program and hope they win another AE title. You'll see a lot of DDS at SEFCU this season get ready!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bosiydid

I have no problem with a legitimate discussion on what can be improved.

That is not what DDS brought to the table in his fire coach rants, etc and he has absolutely no understanding or perspective on what UA has already accomplished mostly under Coach Brown , the current AD and the staff in my opinion. Nor does he have any appreciation of the difficulty it is to win championships without taking shortcuts IMHO

Do I need to work in the AD's office to have a clue on to what's going on? It's college basketball man...Out recruit, Out Coach, Win. It shouldn't be so difficult for UA to dominate the lowly AE conference year in and year out. UA's basketball needs to dominate like their football and volleyball programs so UA can get into a better conference.

IMO it serves no purpose to simply toe the line.....some criticism at times is warranted, just because someone doesn't toe the company line 100% of the time doesn't make them any less of a fan. While I disagree with a lot of what Style has to say I'm not gonna call him an "LCC fan". 99% of us are fans through and through and want nothing but the best for the team and the school but there is always room for improvement.....TO's and lack of consistent outside game are just a couple of things we can/NEED improve on.

You'll see a lot of DDS at SEFCU this season get ready!!

Oh boy! :blink:

Bosiydid

I have no problem with a legitimate discussion on what can be improved.

That is not what DDS brought to the table in his fire coach rants, etc and he has absolutely no understanding or perspective on what UA has already accomplished mostly under Coach Brown , the current AD and the staff in my opinion. Nor does he have any appreciation of the difficulty it is to win championships without taking shortcuts IMHO

I concur with that sentiment. I don't object to anyone expressing an opinion but Doggy sounds like a broken record. It's the same comment repeated over and over and over and over. Frankly, that act has gone beyond tedium. You've got something to say, then say it and move on. As the old saying goes: "Crap and then get off the pot."

DDS I can't wait for UA to win this year, make it back to the tournament, so you can eat every word that you've said about CB and the team.

Whoa whoa whoa...I've said nothing bad about the team, just Will Browns inability to run a successful offense. The players can play its the style he hampers them in which is not effective for the players. Unpucker your lips from Will Browns rear end, he is not the next Jim Boehiem or Coach K. I hope they win it all too, but if they don't time to put Will Brown on the hot seat.

DDS I can't wait for UA to win this year, make it back to the tournament, so you can eat every word that you've said about CB and the team.

Whoa whoa whoa...I've said nothing bad about the team, just Will Browns inability to run a successful offense. The players can play its the style he hampers them in which is not effective for the players. Unpucker your lips from Will Browns rear end, he is not the next Jim Boehiem or Coach K. I hope they win it all too, but if they don't time to put Will Brown on the hot seat.

I think you'll be the only one putting him on the hot seat if they don't "win it all".....

So you mean he isnt a total douchebag like Coach K?

Or he isnt as low as to sign up some scumbags as Coach Boeheim?

Look donkey, all these coaches have faults and flaws...remember everyone wanted BOTH of those coaches to step down. Brown certainly has his...but your arguments are generally based on made up facts...or a lack of information.

It't tiresome, offers ZIP to the board...and is boring.

Now I know King Dane has had some issues with Brown's offense...but the difference is King Dane says it...says it with facts...and moves on.

Learn something from him.

DDS I actually like your passion for UA and this team. Hope to meet you one day at SEFCU but, brother I think you are in a single minority. CB has earned the respect of myself and others on this board who remember what this program was. I can't see a better option for our present or future then Will Brown. He has brought in high caliber STUDENT ATHLETES and have had them compete at a high level. His body of work deserves respect and patience. As for the offense I will agree that last year it was stagnant, but that wasn't because of the schemes. It had a lot to do with inexperience (face it last year was a rebuilding year) and injuries.

This year the offense should be much improved with more bodies and more guards capable of scoring. I look forward to hearing about the P&G scrimmage this weekend. Oh and btw looking at Brown's total body of work during our championship run, our offense was always near the top in the AE.

Do I need to work in the AD's office to have a clue on to what's going on?

No, many facts are available to the general public. You just need to look at the facts and understand them.

Many posters here have provided you with good solid facts that you consistently fail to comprehend.

Here are your facts...

UAlbany has been on the decline over the past 2 years after the Championship runs. Will Brown did not re load strong enough to continue upon the success of those teams by poor recruiting and an inept offense.

06/07 - 23-10 overall, AE title, PPG 67.9

07/08 - 15-15 overall, 1st Round Loss to BU - PPG 68.3

08/09 - 15-16 overall, 2nd Round Loss to UMBC - PPG a paulty 64

Last season UAlbany scored in the 50 point range 7 times, they also did even worse than that, hitting rock bottom in the 40 point range 3 times. I thought this was division 1 basketball, not CDYBL. Scoring in the 40's and 50's is just outright awful and PATHETIC. Heck even D-2 St. Rose scored 71 against Syracuse who had Johnny Flynn, Paul Harris, Scoop Jardin and Arinze Onuaku. UAlbany's offense woes fall on one man, the Head Coach putting the talent, or lack their of on the floor and it's execution. UA needs to average at least 70 PPG to be a competent college program. Right now, Under your Teflon coach they are floundering and are on a downward spiral. A lucky 2 years out of a 10 year stretch doesn't cut it for me sorry. I may be a minority of 1, but at least this fan expects more and doesn't want to settle for mediocrity like some of you. Like Mike Singletary said "I want Winners!". The only way for Brown to apease the loyal fan base should be to win the AE title and produce more this season on offense without scoring in the 40's or 50's .

Archived