UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Road to the 2009-2010 America East Title

I hope you have a good job; your facts and debating skills are weak...and dont even deserve the time to argue with.

Those facts, are what we call "red-herrings." All they do is prove your circular reasoning.

Your such a tool man, Show me all these great facts on this post that someone came up with. You can't, one guy stated how many players missed games. He did not however show how many players actually saw minutes in any given game. My reasoning isn't circular, and I'm actually right. The offense stinks under Will Brown and you blind homers can't see it. I know most of you guys are down on your knees for him with your mouths open but I for one am not. If this was your debate, pull your pants back up, you just got spanked. I brought cold hard FACTS to the table about the pathetic offense, you have brought bupkiss.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are your facts...

UAlbany has been on the decline over the past 2 years after the Championship runs. Will Brown did not re load strong enough to continue upon the success of those teams by poor recruiting and an inept offense.

06/07 - 23-10 overall, AE title, PPG 67.9

07/08 - 15-15 overall, 1st Round Loss to BU - PPG 68.3

08/09 - 15-16 overall, 2nd Round Loss to UMBC - PPG a paulty 64

Last season UAlbany scored in the 50 point range 7 times, they also did even worse than that, hitting rock bottom in the 40 point range 3 times. I thought this was division 1 basketball, not CDYBL. Scoring in the 40's and 50's is just outright awful and PATHETIC. Heck even D-2 St. Rose scored 71 against Syracuse who had Johnny Flynn, Paul Harris, Scoop Jardin and Arinze Onuaku. UAlbany's offense woes fall on one man, the Head Coach putting the talent, or lack their of on the floor and it's execution. UA needs to average at least 70 PPG to be a competent college program. Right now, Under your Teflon coach they are floundering and are on a downward spiral. A lucky 2 years out of a 10 year stretch doesn't cut it for me sorry. I may be a minority of 1, but at least this fan expects more and doesn't want to settle for mediocrity like some of you. Like Mike Singletary said "I want Winners!". The only way for Brown to apease the loyal fan base should be to win the AE title and produce more this season on offense without scoring in the 40's or 50's .

Listen there is no doubt that last year was a tough season offensively at times.......ESPECIALLY MIDDLE TO END OF SEASON.....what you didn't mention is that....

- UA hit 70+ points 9 times....

- UA scored TWICE...not three times in the 40's....one of those times was @Kansas....the one truly terrible offensive showing was against SB.

- The truly horrific performance against SB was at a time when Will Harris was dealing with knee pain and not practicing, Barazza wasn't practicing, Raffa was hurt...this team was a shell of it former self.

- UA TIED for the best start in D1 history through the first part of the season....

- UA had a top 100rpi 3 month's into the season, it's not until February that the wheels started coming off the wagons, you don't have to be a genius to connect the injuries to the lack of wins during the second half part of the season.

I take umbrage when you say that just because we aren't lining up to tar and feather Brown we must be on our knees blowing him. Just like calling you an "LCC fan" is unnecessary, you are over the line using the crass description to describe those of us who understand where we came from, how we got here and where we need to go. YES! The offense needs to improve, Brown could have done a better job capitalizing on the back to back NCAA runs in recruiting kids, that's not to say that we didn't with the likes of Will and Timmy where we did score on the recruiting trail. There are always things to improve on but IMO you are unrealistic and lack all perspective of what last season truly was and why we finished the season the way we did.

Not to mention you selectively pull stats to support your negative position.

Touche...I was pulling the stats of the negative's yes because that was my focus. I did notice in my research they did have better games. Will Brown is the guru of the grind, my dissapointment of the past two seasons has been the lack of a set lineup last year Brown was still scrambling at the end of the season to see who the best line up on the floor was. The team doesn't know where they stand also the lack of productivity on the offensive end, the inexcusable losses especially with double digit leads. I want to see UA to get back to dominance, jump to a better conference and one day take over the TUC from those at the LCC.

I hope you have a good job; your facts and debating skills are weak...and dont even deserve the time to argue with.

Those facts, are what we call "red-herrings." All they do is prove your circular reasoning.

Your such a tool man, Show me all these great facts on this post that someone came up with. You can't, one guy stated how many players missed games. He did not however show how many players actually saw minutes in any given game. My reasoning isn't circular, and I'm actually right. The offense stinks under Will Brown and you blind homers can't see it. I know most of you guys are down on your knees for him with your mouths open but I for one am not. If this was your debate, pull your pants back up, you just got spanked. I brought cold hard FACTS to the table about the pathetic offense, you have brought bupkiss.

One...I am not down on my knees to him. In fact, I have told some closest to him that i felt he made some mistakes...and I am sure Will would admit it too.

But you present ZIP as far as facts to why things did or did not work. You also fail to recognize that he brought the team in an upwards arc from absolutely a worse position than even Bing is in right now...to two straight dances...and it is not all uncommon (see any team, i.e. KENTUCKY, NORTH CAROLINA, ST. John's, etc...)to see a team go down a bit.

What chaps my ass is you seem TO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME...NOTHING ABOUT STRATEGY. I am far from a tool...and speak from basketball strategy standpoint. And I do believe some things were wrong with the offense...just not remotely near the level you speak of.

My love for the team transcends WILL BROWN...it is straight-up Albany love...and I will spit fire when needed; i have torched the ADept...Coach Brown...even Coach Ford, who I admire greatly.

Touche...I was pulling the stats of the negative's yes because that was my focus. I did notice in my research they did have better games. Will Brown is the guru of the grind, my dissapointment of the past two seasons has been the lack of a set lineup last year Brown was still scrambling at the end of the season to see who the best line up on the floor was. The team doesn't know where they stand also the lack of productivity on the offensive end, the inexcusable losses especially with double digit leads. I want to see UA to get back to dominance, jump to a better conference and one day take over the TUC from those at the LCC.

Yeah everyone wants to go to a better league and dominate a league. It takes time and probably a better football facility before that is realistic. And it is not easy. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. The stats I want to see from you before I will accept your bitching about coach is a relavent comparison. In other words how about stats on all the one bid leagues like AE, the maac etc. What was the avg record of all the champions, the next season, the year after etc. You could do the same with teams that won 2 in a row. How many won the next year? Vermont is the only 1 in the last decade in the AE. What was their average record. How does UA compare. You could also look and see how long it takes new D1 basketball teams to win back to back championships and what their records were in the next 2 season. If you did that and still don't have a perspective, you are beyond help. And then remember what shape the program was in when Will Brown took over. College sports has a lot of 4 year cycles at the mid major level.

As far as the offense, your stats are meaningless and offer no perspective. What I mean by that is you have nothing to account for the pace of the game. If team A has 60 possessions per game and scores 60 points per game and team B has 70 points per game and scores 70 points per game aren't the offenses themselves the same and the difference is tempo among other things.

Obviously fans like the higher pace, higher scoring game, but it is pretty hard to play that when you are down players to injuries and some of your best players pick up too many quick silly fouls to just name a couple of reasons. It defeats the purpose to play a style to gain 2 extra points if that style is also going to allow an extra 4 points. It is coaches job to play the players and style that gives the team the best chance to win.

Yeah everyone wants to go to a better league and dominate a league. It takes time and probably a better football facility before that is realistic. And it is not easy. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. The stats I want to see from you before I will accept your bitching about coach is a relavent comparison. In other words how about stats on all the one bid leagues like AE, the maac etc. What was the avg record of all the champions, the next season, the year after etc. You could do the same with teams that won 2 in a row. How many won the next year? Vermont is the only 1 in the last decade in the AE. What was their average record. How does UA compare. You could also look and see how long it takes new D1 basketball teams to win back to back championships and what their records were in the next 2 season. If you did that and still don't have a perspective, you are beyond help. And then remember what shape the program was in when Will Brown took over. College sports has a lot of 4 year cycles at the mid major level.

As far as the offense, your stats are meaningless and offer no perspective. What I mean by that is you have nothing to account for the pace of the game. If team A has 60 possessions per game and scores 60 points per game and team B has 70 points per game and scores 70 points per game aren't the offenses themselves the same and the difference is tempo among other things.

Obviously fans like the higher pace, higher scoring game, but it is pretty hard to play that when you are down players to injuries and some of your best players pick up too many quick silly fouls to just name a couple of reasons. It defeats the purpose to play a style to gain 2 extra points if that style is also going to allow an extra 4 points. It is coaches job to play the players and style that gives the team the best chance to win.

I will do some homework and look at the other 1 bid leagues to see a reasonable time table of success to put in perspective what Brown has accomplished at UA. Furthermore I believe the team would benefit more from a run and gun style vs the slow it up half court sets that were very ineffective last year. Be it injury or fouls Ambrose, Harris, Raffa etc. were all better at pushing the tempo in transition and scoring quick buckets from what I saw in the stands and Brown constantly made them hold up the ball to let the defense get set. UA was a poor shooting team last season and hopefully they can improve upon that this year. They should allow Ambrose to get out in transition to slash and score early in the shot clock.

What kind of offense is a "run and gun" style. Does it have a name...tactics...etc?

Pushing tempo and scoring buckets-- were we watching the same squad? You see what it did to our defense?

OMG...a set offense? The gall.

Dude...you ever play at a high school level and above? I ran more plays than your head could fathom...all out of an a half-court set.

What kind of offense is a "run and gun" style. Does it have a name...tactics...etc?

Pushing tempo and scoring buckets-- were we watching the same squad? You see what it did to our defense?

OMG...a set offense? The gall.

Dude...you ever play at a high school level and above? I ran more plays than your head could fathom...all out of an a half-court set.

Then why don't you show some to Will Brown, maybe the might work.

To Men's Basketball Players:

Winning the America East title also

means a little trip to the NCAAs.

But, it AINT just handed to you. You've got to TAKE it.

And takin' it means BUSTIN arse!

Let me tell ya... Those NCAA trips were fun!

I can imagine how fun it was for the UAlbany players!

Archived