UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown interview about Purple and Gold Scrimmage and Team.

Point guard news: Record Blog

"Brown feels the point guard position will be stronger and those players will know what is expected from them. He expects the turnovers to go down and that Mike Johnson and Mike Black will start as the primary point guards, but Derek Tartt and Ralph Watts can also play there. Brown also said that he will have Tim Ambrose ready to play the point for the Syracuse game because of the 2-3 zone they're expecting to see."

"Brown feels the point guard position will be stronger and those players will know what is expected from them. He expects the turnovers to go down and that Mike Johnson and Mike Black will start as the primary point guards, but Derek Tartt and Ralph Watts can also play there. Brown also said that he will have Tim Ambrose ready to play the point for the Syracuse game because of the 2-3 zone they're expecting to see."

Brown should go with Black, Watts and Ambrose in the back court, Harris and Lindfors/Puk/Metcalf in the front court...no Giff, he's a liability on the offensive end, let him spell on defense.

Brown should go with Black, Watts and Ambrose in the back court, Harris and Lindfors/Puk/Metcalf in the front court...no Giff, he's a liability on the offensive end, let him spell on defense.

The last I heard Puk is redshirting this year. Throughout their college careers Giff averages 2.5 points more a game than Lindfors/Puk/Metcalf combined.

That's why Choosy Mothers Choose Giff

Dude, come on...with a post like that how are we supposed to take you seriously.....Puk is NOT playing this year/red shirt....Lindfors hasn't played a minute of D1 ball, neither has Metcalf....NOT A SINGLE MINUTE! Giff will and SHOULD be the starter, he is an adequate rebounder and plays solid post D clogging up the middle. I actually think he's going to surprise some people this year.

Black, Watts, Lindfors, Puk and Metcalf - DDS

Have you seen all them play at this level?

I may be able to identify them today after the Purple and Gold Scrimmage but I'm not sure I'll be able to to evaluate well from a short intrasquad scrimmage.

Last year Giff got the third most rebounds per minute played, behind Harris and McRae. He was first in field goal percentage at .538. He was second in Free Throws at 80 percent. Maybe he should get more offensive chances. His defense is usually pretty good and has done the best job in the league at controlling Blakely and a big reason for our success against Vermont. I'm also expecting some good things from him this year.

Archived