UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Time to Prep for Next Year

Perhaps this is why our OOC schedule is softer next year? Patriot and Ivy teams instead of CAA. Maybe that was done purposely?

What have you heard about next year, other than Yale on 10/2?

Forget it, I'm wrong. I was mixing up the 2011 Colgate game with 2010.

We may actually have a return trip to Maine next year. Someone at homecoming mentioned a Columbia series starting next year as well. I wouldn't be surprised about Columbia as Greg Sigler (former TE) and Matt Hamm (former student assistant coach) are coaches at Columbia.

So my speculation is now at Maine, at Yale, home versus Columbia.

Unless the 2011 game with Colgate got moved to next year because we've bumped them for Cincy in 2011.

Danefan.... I'm glad you brought up the OOC schedule for 2010. If we assume that Albany opens up with 3 OOC games before NEC play, don't you think that should be adequate playing time for the new QB and others? The team should then be ready to contend for a conference title and the first automatic bid to the FCS playoffs for the NEC. If not, I can't imagine playing half a game against Wagner this year would make any difference. In other words, with one game left on the schedule, the time to prepare for next year is............. NEXT YEAR!

But that only works if you play an easy OOC schedule. We've never had that luxury. Maybe we will next year. If we do have an easy schedule next year (e.g. Patriot and Ivy's) then that is a factor I hadn't previously considered. If we open at Maine, I don't think that is the most appropriate place to throw a new QB to the fire (see 2003 Northeastern....blink.gif )

Nonsense..... Albany has proven they can compete with anyone in the FCS. Please do not bring that argument to this discussion. You know better than that. And to suggest that a 2010 Albany team would suffer the same humiliating defeat to any CAA team, as the 2003 team did against Northeastern, is just absurd. The program is light years ahead of where it was 6 years ago. But again, you know that better than most.

Wow...a bit passive/aggressive I'd say

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danefan and Dane 96 ignore him. He is just trying to provoke you both knowing full well Danefan was a QB in those days. He really doesn't understand how this game works. We have given him more then he needs.

He doesn't understand this level of football with a statement like "we can compete with anybody in the FCS" He is not aware of the differences of a fully funded team with 63 rides vs and Albany team with 34 next season.

43hike52....just so you know in 2011 Cincy will 85 full rides vs our 36. You like our chances?

We were in the first row, sitting with Albany admins and Northeastern's athletic trustees. I vividly remember a hit you took took that was so freaking hard (and you can see the experience difference of the teams had a lot to do with that) we thought you were dead. I mean we truly all looked at each other and were like...WOW! I think it was a designed QB run off-tackle and the MAC came at you like a madman through the C gap (the tackle was completely blown off the line and I forget that linebacker's name...it wasnt Ezikiel) and they had a corner blitz going as well. My memory may be slighlty off on that play.

I think that was the same game that "Superman" Gary Jones broke or bruised (I forget) his ribs with another bone-crushing hit.

We were in the first row, sitting with Albany admins and Northeastern's athletic trustees. I vividly remember a hit you took took that was so freaking hard (and you can see the experience difference of the teams had a lot to do with that) we thought you were dead. I mean we truly all looked at each other and were like...WOW! I think it was a designed QB run off-tackle and the MAC came at you like a madman through the C gap (the tackle was completely blown off the line and I forget that linebacker's name...it wasnt Ezikiel) and they had a corner blitz going as well. My memory may be slighlty off on that play.

I think that was the same game that "Superman" Gary Jones broke or bruised (I forget) his ribs with another bone-crushing hit.

Liam Ezekiel was the kids name. Same kid hit Gary Jones that day.

What the heck happened to Northeastern.

Just out of curiosity what has become of Gary Jones? Do you still hear from him at all?

From what I hear he's doing well. Lives in Ravena I believe and has a nice big family (3 kids). Last I heard he is a construction. Man what he could have done with 3 or 4 years at RB in the system!

Wow...well...that makes the hit even harder. He was a transfer from like Kansas or something. I remember meeting him after the game and looking at his calves (slightly gay...but I am cool with that) and just thinking he was a fricken monster. He signed with someone for a short time.

As for NU, who knows what was going on there. They need a stadium just as bad as we do...and its just really hard to recruit a kid there I guess. Rocky is a nice guy...but its just a tough place to recruit.

Wow...well...that makes the hit even harder. He was a transfer from like Kansas or something. I remember meeting him after the game and looking at his calves (slightly gay...but I am cool with that) and just thinking he was a fricken monster. He signed with someone for a short time.

As for NU, who knows what was going on there. They need a stadium just as bad as we do...and its just really hard to recruit a kid there I guess. Rocky is a nice guy...but its just a tough place to recruit.

Ezekiel was a Big East transfer I think. He played for the Bills and the ended up in the Arena 1 league. I just googled him and he is now playing for the California Redwoods of the UFL.

The dude was absolutely nuts as you can see below:

433166034_f71dd260e7.jpg

I remember meeting him after the game and looking at his calves (slightly gay...but I am cool with that) and just thinking he was a fricken monster.

What? In other words, you REALLY enjoyed shower time after the games with your teammates? :wub:

In all seriousness, this 43hike dude has an agenda. He's got to be a relative or current starter or something. Ruler's got the good advice, ignore him.

Anyone that thinks some playing time in the last game of the season for next year's possible qb is a bad idea, then he's got it all wrong.

Agreeing to disagree would be great. Evern though we are the ones that are correct. There's no need to spew hatred on this forum.

Very funny! No, I happened to be with my roommate who was a BC strength coach at the time...and is very well known Personal trainer in MASS. If you saw Ezekiels calves you would understand; they were impossible to miss and were freaking straight up cannon balls. We were dumbfounded.

Also, my comment was in jest as a reference to Entourage (Drama and Lamar Odom episode).

Ezekiel was insane as you say DF. NUHF used to tell me stories about what the other players used to say about his intensity in the huddle. He was Jack Lambert crazy. Funny thing is...he was really super nice when I met him. He had a hard-life if I remember correctly with family and academic issues (not because he was stupid...but maybe a learning disorder).

Do you think Gary was slower than McCarty as Ruler stated? I thought Gary was faster...but not as quick as Dave. Both, however, would be studs if they were in the 4.35-4.4 range.

I put him up there w McCarty. #3 has better players around him but if Gary were a player today he would be a monster. I think Gary was a more physical runner but I think(you know more then I) that McCarty is faster.

Agreed. Gary was a beast, but he wasn't as fast as McCarty. It was also a completely different offense. Run oriented but different blocking schemes and there was a lot more option involved. A couple of those offensive lineman on those teams were definitely good enough to play now (e.g. Geir Gudmenson, Mike Laroche, Alex Argulevitz (sp?)) and they had a great offensive line coach (Pete Rossomundo).

Gary was a IA kid for sure. He had an offer from Rutgers out of high school but he stayed in the area because he had a family very young (he was married with a kid when he played).

Very funny! No, I happened to be with my roommate who was a BC strength coach at the time...and is very well known Personal trainer in MASS. If you saw Ezekiels calves you would understand; they were impossible to miss and were freaking straight up cannon balls. We were dumbfounded.

Also, my comment was in jest as a reference to Entourage (Drama and Lamar Odom episode).

Ezekiel was insane as you say DF. NUHF used to tell me stories about what the other players used to say about his intensity in the huddle. He was Jack Lambert crazy. Funny thing is...he was really super nice when I met him. He had a hard-life if I remember correctly with family and academic issues (not because he was stupid...but maybe a learning disorder).

Do you think Gary was slower than McCarty as Ruler stated? I thought Gary was faster...but not as quick as Dave. Both, however, would be studs if they were in the 4.35-4.4 range.

Funny story about Ezekiel and then I'll get off his jock.

When we got to Parsons field we were already intimidated playing the #1 team in the country. Well Ezekiel made it worse. He "welcomed" us off the bus wearing nothing but a spandex girdle and a mouthpiece. The dude was screaming at us and was completey ripped out of his mind and crazy. Needless to say, he set the tone for the game before we even got dressed.

Funniest thing I've ever seen though and by far the most intimidating player I ever played against.

Archived