UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East vs MAAC

While, I wish it were true that the AE is 1-1 vs the MAAC, I'm sure that an astute fan such as you are aware that BU lost to Iona and that Vermont lost to Loyola on Friday night.

By the way, people (not you, of course) "toe" the line; they don't "tow" the line.

Yeh...Hartford took Marist to the woodshed....having said that, the MAAC looks very strong this season. Unfortunately it looks like the AE will be down...Boston is struggling to pick up new system and the whole Bingo debacle. Was really hoping for a middle of the road finish against 15-17 range, doesn't look like it will happen. Probably will be more in the 20-23 range.

It's still very very early yet, still plenty of time to make up ground.

Talking of Conference RPI......

It's still very very early yet, still plenty of time to make up ground.- Bosi

When talking Conference RPI for get the regular conference schedule your Conference's RPI is basically based on OOC Schedule and most teams are 1/4 or 1/3 through that so it's time to start chopping wood or the Conferenc RPI will stink.

Talking of Conference RPI......

It's still very very early yet, still plenty of time to make up ground.- Bosi

When talking Conference RPI for get the regular conference schedule your Conference's RPI is basically based on OOC Schedule and most teams are 1/4 or 1/3 through that so it's time to start chopping wood or the Conferenc RPI will stink.

They are not quite that far though the schedule. AE is 9-11 off Pomeroy and if I counted right there are 96 OOC games left including a couple that would not count in the RPI. We would be about 17% done with the OOC season.

Also now a lot of teams are 1-1, 2-1 or 1-2 and there is enough time for most teams to end up anywhere from 2-10 to 9-3 and yes I know that the 9-3 is unlikely for most of our teams, but there is a big difference RPI wise if most teams in the league win that extra 1 or 2 close game instead of losing it.

Neither the AE or the maac are going to beat teams in leagues like the big east very often and those games are usually not close. However I expect more games than not between the AE and the maac to go down to the last minute like Loyola/UMBC.

I am surprised when Hartford blows a maac team out of the water. Obviously I enjoyed that game, but for RPI purposes winning a few extra close games helps immensely in a system where mid major leagues are often separated by small decimals.

bob talking RPI? I thought RPI talk was only for the Siena people and bosiy?

I kid bob...I kid! :blush:

Actually to say more on this. It is you and the Siena guys that seem to live and die with RPI while I put far less importantence to it. It is just one piece of information in the big picture. If league A goes 7-7 vs. league B, but league A is 15th with an RPI of .481 and league B is 17th with an RPI of .472, the difference is immaterial in my book and could be caused by any number of factors including one opponent on one teams schedule winning a couple of games they shouldn't have. Irrelevant and immaterial and no proof as to which league is better in my book and both would still be one bid leagues.

I'll root for teams I like. For example Quinnipiac with Eaton and Iati, High Point while they had Jacob Iati and root against teams like LCC, Georgetown regardless of whether it helps, hurts or has no effect on UA's RPI. Whereas it seems you and some others would root for Satan to win if it helped your RPI. I figure if UA wins the league and wins enough games the rest of the stuff will take care of itself.

Also I need far more info than a team has an RPI of 20 before thinking there are a top 20 team. You can build an RPI of 20 by beating a lot of crappy teams and losing to very good teams, but that does not mean you are one of the 20 best teams in the nation.

bob talking RPI? I thought RPI talk was only for the Siena people and bosiy?

I kid bob...I kid! :blush:

Actually to say more on this. It is you and the Siena guys that seem to live and die with RPI while I put far less importantence to it.

BLAH BLAH BLAH...you lost me!

Oh well

....having said that, the MAAC looks very strong this season.

Not as strong as the maac fans would have you believe. Could be a good year for the maac but it is still ridiculous for maac fans to be putting down Big East and ACC teams calling them some of them bottom feeders.

The RPI that they love to quote still the not reflect that often times any ACC team is 30 points better than any maac team . The RPI reflects this no different than a 1 point loss.

Archived