UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where do we stand??

Just read the thread you mentioned. It does seem strange to see a bunch of people pick a 4-10 Albany team to win the conference but I hope they're right.

I've often thought Vermont fans seem to have more respect for Will Brown and our program than Albany fans do sometimes. A lot of those top of the confernce picks are from Catamount fans.

I don't see how Boston U. isn't still the top pick. I realize they've had some roster problems but they have the conference's best wins (Indiana and Northeastern) and really don't have a bad loss (unless 9-3 Harvard is bad.) To me Vermont is next and I do think we can slide in there in the top three.

I went UVM, BU and UA top 3.....Blakely is Blakely, if their guard play can come around they will have their chance to take the conference....BU has the best top 5 but they are in a bad spot on the bench....very little there. I think we can slide in at 3. I wouldn't be shocked if we won the conference but not picking it....especially if kids like Black and Metcalf continue to mature and gain some confidence....we NEED to get Timmy going.

I don't think our 4-10 record is truly reflective of the team's potential. However, it's obviously hard to gage how the team will fare against the AE simply because the level of competition we've faced for the most part has been rather intense. I guess this begs the question of whether or not a super difficult OOC schedule will benefit or harm the team. On some levels, I think that hte pressure of playing at the Dean Dome or up in Syracuse can definitely help the team. However, watching a team like UNC cause turnover after turnover, and having blowout games does not give the team the intangibles necessary to win close games - our ability to win once we're up has been questionable the last few years.

There's no reason we can't be a top AE team this year, since the conference is clearly down. But we'll have to come up with the consistency we've been lacking the past couple of seasons.

I'm watching SBU beating BU in Boston on MSG right now and they definitely look like a contender. I also see Maine is up on BC in the second half. The league looks like a real dogfight this year, hopefully the Danes remain the biggest dog.

Archived