UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs UNH

Me too. How the hell did we manage that?

It seemed pretty clear that our gameplan was to get the ball inside..and UNH hacked accordingly..the Wildcats don't have too many bigs to defend down low and Dilegro was in foul trouble for much of the game..for UNH they're an outside shooting team that didn't drive/play in the paint too much..so they didn't create that many opportunities to get fouled.

We're getting open shots..and have been for most of the season..we're just NOT making them..lay-ups..jump shots..three-point shots..it doesn't seem to matter..at least by going to the hoop with it we'll tend to go to the free throw line more often..where we 'shoot' pretty well from..didn't change the result at the end of the game though.

Once again McGuire appears to be spot on:

How bad, how epically bad, did UA look? As this team settles into halfcourt sets, as it too often does instead of taking advantage of its athleticism and pushing the ball, you scan the floor and ask yourself "How can they possibly score?" Then, lo and behold, a Scott McRae makes a good move, or a Will Harris takes it to the basket, but an easy two ... just ... rims ... out. "I'm amazed," coach Will Brown said, "at some of the shots that we missed."

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=899010&category=SPORTS#ixzz0f8fo36o9

He points out all the obvious stuff...I'd like someone to ask Brown WHEN/HOW this disgraceful offense will be fixed....what is the plan going into next season....HOW COME NO ONE CAN HIT A SHOT ON THIS TEAM....?

Watching last night...I was sick to my stomach...we struggled last season with the to's and anemic offense....this year things got worse...not better.

He points out all the obvious stuff...I'd like someone to ask Brown WHEN/HOW this disgraceful offense will be fixed....what is the plan going into next season....HOW COME NO ONE CAN HIT A SHOT ON THIS TEAM....?

Watching last night...I was sick to my stomach...we struggled last season with the to's and anemic offense....this year things got worse...not better.

At the end of the OOC schedule someone suggested CB is on the 'hot seat'. He was run off the board.

Now that we've fallen to the bottom of one of the weakest conferences in the country I'm not saying he should be let go, but he should be feeling some heat. Isn't this team is the product of his recruiting and coaching?

At the end of the OOC schedule someone suggested CB is on the 'hot seat'. He was run off the board.

Now that we've fallen to the bottom of one of the weakest conferences in the country I'm not saying he should be let go, but he should be feeling some heat. Isn't this team is the product of his recruiting and coaching?

While I may agree that he should be getting pressure from above, the realities of mid-major athletics is this: UA cannot afford to fire Will Brown even if it wanted to. There isn't enough money to pay Brown's contract next year and a new coach (which would be making roughly the same as Brown is now).

So, while I agree that he's not doing his job well right now, the pressure just isn't realistically there and hence why its not even worth really talking about. Those are just my two cents.

While I may agree that he should be getting pressure from above, the realities of mid-major athletics is this: UA cannot afford to fire Will Brown even if it wanted to. There isn't enough money to pay Brown's contract next year and a new coach (which would be making roughly the same as Brown is now).

So, while I agree that he's not doing his job well right now, the pressure just isn't realistically there and hence why its not even worth really talking about. Those are just my two cents.

I agree with this post....I don't think there is anything else he can do this season other then give freshmen all the playing time he can. I promised myself weeks ago (about the halfway point) that no matter what happens the rest of this season and ten games into next season....I wouldn't cross over to the dark side. Well, it's been harder then I thought to bite me tongue...but I'll keep going with it.

I will say this...the two NCAA appearance are but a distant memory at this point....CB has a lot of work to do and it needs to start on the recruiting trail this spring and summer....I don't believe we have the necessary pieces on this team to make huge strides next season.

Sure, a bunch of the young kids will improve...but the core of the team will remain underclassmen and that's troubling. Add Puk, Iati and Watt's to that equation and the team will be extremely young so what can we expect realistically. IMO he needs to bring in as many as three JC kids....you need someone who can freaking score...ANYONE, someone to anchor the defense (think Siggers) and then best available with the last 'ship. The subtraction of Harris, McRae and obviously Johnson will be a significant plus.

Schedule needs to be balanced next season...no IDIOTIC 8 game road trips...IMO any confidence this team had was destroyed when they went on that stupid trip....let's face it; CB overestimated his team and put together a stretch of games that sapped all confidence from his team.

This season has been a bitter pill to swallow....Ambrose is a shell of his former self. This kid never played good D but he could at least score in the past...lately the poor kid can't even score. I don't know who you blame for that....Ambrose or the coaching staff....

I agree with this post....I don't think there is anything else he can do this season other then give freshmen all the playing time he can. I promised myself weeks ago (about the halfway point) that no matter what happens the rest of this season and ten games into next season....I wouldn't cross over to the dark side. Well, it's been harder then I thought to bite me tongue...but I'll keep going with it.

I will say this...the two NCAA appearance are but a distant memory at this point....CB has a lot of work to do and it needs to start on the recruiting trail this spring and summer....I don't believe we have the necessary pieces on this team to make huge strides next season.

Sure, a bunch of the young kids will improve...but the core of the team will remain underclassmen and that's troubling. Add Puk, Iati and Watt's to that equation and the team will be extremely young so what can we expect realistically. IMO he needs to bring in as many as three JC kids....you need someone who can freaking score...ANYONE, someone to anchor the defense (think Siggers) and then best available with the last 'ship. The subtraction of Harris, McRae and obviously Johnson will be a significant plus.

Schedule needs to be balanced next season...no IDIOTIC 8 game road trips...IMO any confidence this team had was destroyed when they went on that stupid trip....let's face it; CB overestimated his team and put together a stretch of games that sapped all confidence from his team.

This season has been a bitter pill to swallow....Ambrose is a shell of his former self. This kid never played good D but he could at least score in the past...lately the poor kid can't even score. I don't know who you blame for that....Ambrose or the coaching staff....

With Tim, they've (staff) got what they've wanted. His TO's are way down and he's playing better D. Yippeee.

53 points against UNH at home. No fans in the stands. Students gone.

Earlier, I was among a few that was blasted for sticking up for Tim and saying he isn't the problem (not perfect, but not the problem). I heard basketball IQ, basketball IQ, team BB, team BB. Well 2 coaches sons on the floor. Timmy's minutes diminished and his aggressiveness gone. IQ all over the place and basketball that is not only losing BB, but torture to watch. The people that were in the stands don't even believe we have a chance to win a game once we are down by 7 points.

In the latest TU blog....Harrion on UA/UNH and Black...

UNH coach Bill Herrion, whose team snapped a three-game losing streak, was asked how far he thought UAlbany was from developing into a good team.

“The hardest thing at this time of the year, being in this business a long time, is you get very envious of the teams in the country that are winning right now,” Herrion said. “Because when you come in that gym every day, the spirits are sky high, the issues are minimal.

The kid Mike Black, he’s going to be a terrific player,” Herrion said. “He’s really, really good. But you know what, it’s like any team in America. To win this time of year, you need your veterans. We start four juniors, and that’s been my appeal to them … Those guys have to lead for us and we’ve struggled with that, trust me. We just don’t have a lot of leadership.”

That’s also been a problem for UAlbany, which has gotten inconsistent production at best from its senior and junior classes.

In the latest TU blog....Harrion on UA/UNH and Black...

UNH coach Bill Herrion, whose team snapped a three-game losing streak, was asked how far he thought UAlbany was from developing into a good team.

“The hardest thing at this time of the year, being in this business a long time, is you get very envious of the teams in the country that are winning right now,” Herrion said. “Because when you come in that gym every day, the spirits are sky high, the issues are minimal.

The kid Mike Black, he’s going to be a terrific player,” Herrion said. “He’s really, really good. But you know what, it’s like any team in America. To win this time of year, you need your veterans. We start four juniors, and that’s been my appeal to them … Those guys have to lead for us and we’ve struggled with that, trust me. We just don’t have a lot of leadership.”

That’s also been a problem for UAlbany, which has gotten inconsistent production at best from its senior and junior classes.

Who the heck is Clickclack?

Archived