UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Final DGEIS (Stadium, etc..) Report Published

Its bland...but doesnt look like any of the construction and game day impacts are that horrendous...and are easily mitigated. The number of seats is 10k. They are definitely digging in the ground as max height is just under 90 feet.

Capital Project List....Implement Various Athletic Improvement....Approximate Construction Start - Spring 2010

Not sure what to make of page 23 item #5...93K SF...Number of Occupants 10K...not in parenthesis so I'm assuming that's new...

That's the same parameters as the Draft DGEIS actually.

So it appears that there isn't anythign new in the Final DGEIS as it pertains to the stadium and that it actually just incorporates by reference the Draft DGEIS.

Hopefully this is the end of the red tape before an announcement can be made (assuming there is actually an announcement that is going to be made).

Its bland...but doesnt look like any of the construction and game day impacts are that horrendous...and are easily mitigated. The number of seats is 10k. They are definitely digging in the ground as max height is just under 90 feet.

The same level as the soccer field currently would probably put the top of the lights under 90 feet (which is what I think that measurement is referring to).

As far as the impacts, they were crafty to highlight that the actual capacity is not increasing from UField. wink.gif

I saw that NYS Office of General Services agrees that Harriman Campus parking can be used for stadium events, expecting University-provided shuttle buses.

A mention of the need for a new track includes completion of an Athletic Master Plan in Spring 2011. :rolleyes:

Water and sewage studies were done for a stadium capacity of up to 20,000 people.

I saw that NYS Office of General Services agrees that Harriman Campus parking can be used for stadium events, expecting University-provided shuttle buses.

A mention of the need for a new track includes completion of an Athletic Master Plan in Spring 2011. :rolleyes:

Water and sewage studies were done for a stadium capacity of up to 20,000 people.

This is all fine and dandy...still waiting on an official announcement....I know this study/document needed to be done to move forward but come-OOONNNNN already!

Now where exactly do we stand?

Any guesses what comes next?

Just a guess but...more wait? :rolleyes:

A mention of the need for a new track includes completion of an Athletic Master Plan in Spring 2011. rolleyes.gif

Just a guess but...more wait? rolleyes.gif

My guess - right where we were last year at this time.

Mixing up a fresh can of paint for the bleachers at UField. blush.gif

Would we have needed to wait for this report before actually beginning the 'design' phase of the stadium project?

Or with a little luck, they've already been in the designing phase.

The critical question is ....do they have the money. Without funds locked up for this project...very little of what else they are doing is gonna mean much until the money is in place. It looks good and it looks like they are doing something....but are we any closer to the final result...a football stadium?

Would we have needed to wait for this report before actually beginning the 'design' phase of the stadium project?

Or with a little luck, they've already been in the designing phase.

I'm pretty sure the design phase has been going on for 6 or 7 years now. I think its where the pretty drawings McElroy sent out 6 years ago came from.

I might reach retirement age before we see the shovel hit the dirt. Where's the sense of urgency? Hopefully, we don't get too far behind.

SBU built a new stadium, and already, the athletic programs that use the facility are dramatically improving. Other programs seem to be getting better as well. A stadium helps in every aspect of their university. For God's sake, they are hosting the NCAA Q-finals in men's lacrosse this year. Now, that's got to tell you the worth of a stadium!

UA - Over 160 years in existence. Put this thing in overdrive and get it done already.

Archived