UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Finalists for Women's Head Coach Position

I'm with Dane Pound on Abrahamson-Henderson..my money's on her.

she seems to be the top candidate.an impressive resume. lots of midwestern connections will be good for recruiting a "Big Ten" type of women's team. Tall inside and 3's from outside

She was introduced today and talked nonstop for fifteen minutes. Not much of substance other than reviewing her career. No public Q&A, just one-on-ones with the media. Mark S and Bob Weiner were with her long after the cameras packed up.

She goes by 'Coach Abe'

She was introduced today and talked nonstop for fifteen minutes. Not much of substance other than reviewing her career. No public Q&A, just one-on-ones with the media. Mark S and Bob Weiner were with her long after the cameras packed up.

She goes by 'Coach Abe'

Different people see different things at the same event ;)

I thought Coach Abe came across as energized, out-going, and comfortable in the media spotlight; to me she reflected a background in big time

(e.g. Big Ten, PAC-10) athletics.

Now let's see what she can do with this team, working with players she's inherited rather than recruited.

She goes by 'Coach Abe'

I thought Coach Abe came across as energized, out-going, and comfortable in the media spotlight;

That's what I meant by talking nonstop for 15 minutes, the last coach wouldn't have lasted five. But she talked about the players as family, priority on academics, nothing specific about her coaching philosophy; no standout quotes that I haven't heard before. That may come later. Talking with an ex-player there, she seems more sociable, may be a lot more effective promoting the program, but that will depend on wins first

Here's the release UA release

MHZGTHKYFJSLLOC.20100419204428.jpg

She goes by 'Coach Abe'

I thought Coach Abe came across as energized, out-going, and comfortable in the media spotlight;

That's what I meant by talking nonstop for 15 minutes, the last coach wouldn't have lasted five. But she talked about the players as family, priority on academics, nothing specific about her coaching philosophy; no standout quotes that I haven't heard before. That may come later. Talking with an ex-player there, she seems more sociable, may be a lot more effective promoting the program, but that will depend on wins first

Here's the release UA release

MHZGTHKYFJSLLOC.20100419204428.jpg

I don't know if it counts as a coaching philosophy but Coach Abe says she wants to play up-tempo and have everyone shoot the ball

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=923201&category=SPORTS

Coach Abe was on Wyland today. She's very enthusiastic and thinks we have some talent (but she hasn't looked at last year's tapes yet). Says they need to do more work in the weight room. Will begin interviewing assistants Friday or next week.

Her husband is still an NBA ref but is currently out with a torn meniscus.

Archived