UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Roster!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Ambrose have a good year this year. He occasionally drives me crazy on the court but watching him last year he really seemed to take the losing personally.

The end of last year Ambrose seemed to be the backup point guard. I'm not sure if that will stick for this year. If it does that leaves us with one of the better PG combos in the conference even if we have a dozen other questions marks.

As for leadership, we have six sophmores on the roster. In terms of playing time I see this as much their team as anyones. Three or four of them will likely start and five of them should be in the rotation unless some of the new guys are off the charts.

Nice, inching closer and closer to the season. I wonder what next season holds for guys like Ambrose, will someone step up and take this team over and be the leader?

I hate to have this feeling, but I believe we've seen all we are going to ever see out of Ambrose. He's got obvious talent, but there is something lacking. Some degree of disconnect between his individual skills and team play. I'm not sure his focus and execution are in sync with the coaches and his teammates quite a bit of the time.

I hope I'm way off. With his talent, if he brings on some leadership as well, its going to be a much better season.

That talent is there but like you said, he never put it all together. I hear that Logan has had a phenomenal summer training with Kevin Martin (Rockets) who played for his dad at Zanesville. Lost 10lb, body fat down, foot doing well and has regained his explosiveness/quickness. Black and Logan in the back-court should be a very strong tandem moving forward.

Ambrose will play but he'll be coming off the bench this season IMO and I think that's a good thing. Take the pressure off of him and let him do what he does best, score the ball.

Logan has been training with Kevin Martin!? WOW...that's a phenomenal thing for him and the program...hopefully he comes in and has a strong sophomore year. As far as the Ambrose question goes, there's no way to find an answer until the games start to be played. Until then, there is no way to see whether or not we will get the 08-09 or the 09-10 Ambrose.

Nice, inching closer and closer to the season. I wonder what next season holds for guys like Ambrose, will someone step up and take this team over and be the leader?

One or more of this group needs to accept the challenge and become leaders on and off the floor. That was lacking last season. This group needs that to succeed. Maybe it is Logan's time? He seems like he may be the one.

I would think either Logan or Mike will have to take charge of the team. IMO they are a lock to start in the back-court but can they lead the team? Usually your best player or one of your best players pushes the rest of the team, Lillis, Jamar etc. Sometimes you just have to lead by example.

Can't wait for the season to start, we'll be young with 9 fresh/soph on the team but hopefully some of the issues from last year have been corrected.

Namely SHOOTING and toughness. If this team shoots like anything close to last season it's going to be a very long season.

I took a couple of minutes to look at some numbers, going back to '06 we allowed the most ppg and and had the worst opp fg% over the last 5 seasons. In the past even if we couldn't score we could stay in just about every game with our D but even that failed us last season.

I would think either Logan or Mike will have to take charge of the team. IMO they are a lock to start in the back-court but can they lead the team?

You're shooting down my hope of an all-Chicago backcourt - Black and Tartt. Tartt is the better defender but I agree with you Aronhalt seems to have the inside track. I'd just like him to shoot a better percentage, especially from outside.

I would think either Logan or Mike will have to take charge of the team. IMO they are a lock to start in the back-court but can they lead the team?

You're shooting down my hope of an all-Chicago backcourt - Black and Tartt. Tartt is the better defender but I agree with you Aronhalt seems to have the inside track. I'd just like him to shoot a better percentage, especially from outside.

Tartt was far to hesitant last year, especially after he blew that dunk. He never looked for his shot much, not sure why. He's clearly not a PG so don't run him out there to run the point. Tartt should be spelling Moore and Logan at the two or three...(I hear good things regarding Moore).

Tartt was far to hesitant last year, especially after he blew that dunk. He never looked for his shot much, not sure why. He's clearly not a PG so don't run him out there to run the point. Tartt should be spelling Moore and Logan at the two or three...(I hear good things regarding Moore).

I had forgotten that Tartt was the most highly touted player coming in last season (86 rating on ESPN) - hopefully he gets stronger over the off season and returns with renewed confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived