UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Roster!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a tweet from midrange that it's Logan and Metcalf.

Two sophomores as captains if true...no denying this team is stupid young.

yep... for those who don't follow CB here's the tweet http://twitter.com/U...tus/27279110442

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=205011530

Sounds like from the Record story that Ambrose is back and at least halfway healthy - good to hear. I understand the focus on Aronhalt and I'm sure Haggy is happy about it. I've been a little surprised there hasn't been so much about Mike Black. His improvement is just as important if not more so.

Early season statistics . . . from TU coverage, that is.

Two long Siena stories (Singelais, McGuire column) start on P1 of sports and jump to inside. Two large photos. A 3rd story, at the top of the page, about Fran at Iowa. That story has just about the same number of words as the UA story at the bottom of the page (I did an estimate by counting words in 10 sentences, dividing that by 10, and then counting the lines . . . that makes up for the Fran story being set in a wider margin). The Fran photo is slightly larger that the Arnonhalt photo. The UA story focuses on one player (granted, the Singelais story did also, but at much greater length).

The UA story seems to be an afterthought, sort of "Oh yeah, we should include something about UA too." I assume this will be the way coverage goes for the season.

Early season statistics . . . from TU coverage, that is.

Two long Siena stories (Singelais, McGuire column) start on P1 of sports and jump to inside. Two large photos. A 3rd story, at the top of the page, about Fran at Iowa. That story has just about the same number of words as the UA story at the bottom of the page (I did an estimate by counting words in 10 sentences, dividing that by 10, and then counting the lines . . . that makes up for the Fran story being set in a wider margin). The Fran photo is slightly larger that the Arnonhalt photo. The UA story focuses on one player (granted, the Singelais story did also, but at much greater length).

The UA story seems to be an afterthought, sort of "Oh yeah, we should include something about UA too." I assume this will be the way coverage goes for the season.

expect no less from that publication.

Maybe counting lines is a bit to much? Screw the TU. Vote with your wallet, if you have a TU subscription, cancel it.

to clarify -- the number of words in a story are more important than the number of lines, but the best way to get a close estimate to the word count is to do the process that i described . . .

I seem to remember column-inches being the handiest measurement in the newspaper biz.

While keeping track may be a little anal, and open to charges of so-called little-man syndrome, it's nice to have hard facts so you can't be accused of delusion or paranoia as well.

Then there will be those who'll quote Charlie Brown - "Tell your statistics to shut up".

Archived