UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

basketball ticket prices

wow. i just saw the ticket prices for the 10-11 basketball season and chair backs cost $18! how does our athletic department have the nerve to charge that much to see a game and $12 bucks to sit on the most uncomfortable bleachers ever. that's just nuts. and this is off of 3 sub par seasons in a row. i'm not sure how much it was last year or since i graduated, but i remember when it was $8 to sit in the general admission. i know that the prices only help our school, but how about lowering everything and getting more fans to go to pack out sefcu considering the way the economy is. you'd probably end up making the same amount of money with more fans going at lower tix prices.

usually when demand goes up you can raise tix prices, but im not sure how high the demand is to see a ualbany basketball game. i hope they can prove me wrong though with fans packing out the gym every home game at 12/18 a pop.

I think it is realtively fair. You could go to the movies for about the same price, but this is for unscripted, live action. Also:

1) There are coupons in the Entertainment book for buy one, get one free.

2) They run promotions throughout the year for discounted events. (For instance, wear pink tongiht to the football game and the entrance fee is $5.)

3) Varsity club members gets "buy one, get one" on all non-chairback seats.

What they should be doing is making UA basketball games must-see events. Winning does wonders for attendance, but there is still no excuse for student sections at less than capacity for ANY game. One of the greatest charms of college athletics is the youth and energy provided by the student sections.

I was just wondering, but I guess your right. My thinking was just for the casual fan. The casual fan won't be a varsity club member so it won't be buy one get one.

If the majority is fine with it, it is fine by me. Im 100 percent agree with the student section issue though

I was just wondering, but I guess your right. My thinking was just for the casual fan. The casual fan won't be a varsity club member so it won't be buy one get one.

If the majority is fine with it, it is fine by me. Im 100 percent agree with the student section issue though

I don't know if you are a VC member, but if you are buying non-chairbacks it is the way to go.

You get buy one, get one on your seats, and the donation for VC is right about how much you save.

Extra benfits are pre-game meals, cheaper bus trips for away games, and a VC shirt. And there are two free beers right before game time and it makes you feel like you are more a part of the program.

Spread the word.

I don't know if you are a VC member, but if you are buying non-chairbacks it is the way to go.

You get buy one, get one on your seats, and the donation for VC is right about how much you save.

Extra benfits are pre-game meals, cheaper bus trips for away games, and a VC shirt. And there are two free beers right before game time and it makes you feel like you are more a part of the program.

Spread the word.

Not to rain on your parade, but they aren't doing that before most games this season.

Spread the word.

Not to rain on your parade, but they aren't doing that before most games this season.

That is the definition of raining on my parade.

Nothing bested going to a game on a work night and having a meal waiting for you (even if it was primarily Sodexho provided.)

What they should be doing is making UA basketball games must-see events. Winning does wonders for attendance, but there is still no excuse for student sections at less than capacity for ANY game. One of the greatest charms of college athletics is the youth and energy provided by the student sections.

This is indeed key and it is disappointing sometimes.

I don't remember how much my season tix when up but I think it was very very minor. I have NO issue with the increase, can't even remember what it was.

I believe it was $110 or $120 last year and this year it was only $125 I believe.

Archived