UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I believe we've already known that the season will start at Colgate; it's just been mentioned on the Ivy forum that Albany will play at Columbia on Sept. 24. An easy trip, should be a win, but I wish we could get a home game instead (they don't list Albany for 2012).

I believe we've already known that the season will start at Colgate; it's just been mentioned on the Ivy forum that Albany will play at Columbia on Sept. 24. An easy trip, should be a win, but I wish we could get a home game instead (they don't list Albany for 2012).

Sweet. 15 minutes from my house.

Greg Sigler (TE - '02) and Matt Hamm (Student Ass't and former LAX player) are Assistant Coaches for Columbia.

OOC this year is confirmed

@ Colgate

vs Maine

@ Columbia

Hopefully the Maine game is in September.

http://www.ualbanysp...DB_OEM_ID=15800

Kudos to the Ath. Dept. for getting it done earlier this year.

I would have to imagine we'd be favorites against Colgate and Columbia and despite beating Maine the last two years, they'll still be favored against us, as they should with 25 more scholarships.

So the NEC schedule will be:

vs. Duquesne

@ St. Francis

vs. Robert Morris

@ CCSU

vs. Bryant

vs. Sacred Heart

@ Wagner

@ Monmouth

So 5 home games this year. Hopefully that means the Colgate and Columbia deals are home and homes and we'll get 6 home games (or even 7 if its the magical 12 game year) in 2012 for the mythical stadium opener?

Mainejeff -

Have you heard any interesting chatter concerning the CAA and its future?

Or Maine's / UNH's futures in the CAA?

Any interest in participating in an ALL northeastern region league?

I have heard nothing other than Maine continuing to be committed to CAA and FCS-level football. Our recruiting seems to be solid and we are committed to playing at BC in 2012........so all signs point to the status quo.

• 1 month later...

Crap. Sacred Heart released their schedule, so you can piece together the rest of ours (only CCSU and us haven't released it yet) and we play SHU on November 19. Both of us have an open date Sept. 10, but we'll dress to watch in 25 degree weather instead of in shorts. Must be SHU needed a week off between Marist and Bryant. Plus we have a home game on Yom Kippur (Duq).

9/3 at Colgate 6:00 PM

9/10 OPEN

9/17 Maine TBD

9/24 at Columbia 12:30 PM

10/1 at St. Francis (PA) * 1:00 PM

10/8 Duquesne

10/15 Robert Morris * TBD

10/22 at CCSU

10/29 at Wagner * 1:00 PM

11/5 Bryant * TBD

11/12 at Monmouth * TBD

11/19 Sacred Heart

Note: season opener at Colgate is a night game.

2011 Schedule released. As expected, but now we have game times.

2011 University at Albany Football Schedule

September --

3 (Sat.), at Colgate, 6:00;

17 (Sat.), Maine, 6:00;

24 (Sat.), at Columbia, 12:30.

October --

1 (Sat.), at Saint Francis, Pa.*, 1:00;

8 (Sat.), Duquesne*, 1:00;

15 (Sat.), Robert Morris* (HC), 1:00;

22 (Sat.), at Central Connecticut State*, 12:00;

29 (Sat.), at Wagner*, 1:00.

November --

5 (Sat.), Bryant*, 1:00;

12 (Sat), at Monmouth*, 12:00;

19 (Sat.), Sacred Heart*, 1:00.

*Northeast Conference Opponent (HC) - Homecoming/Fall Festival Weekend All Times Eastern

Its so dumb that the league would put the SH game out in November when we both have open dates.

Is there some kind of league rule saying you can't have a conference game in September?

Any chance the two athletic departments can agree to change it? It would be really nice to get two home games in September. You'd think they'd learn from 2009 when we had 2 Sept games, which were two of the highest attended non-homecoming games we've had in a recent memory.

Its so dumb that the league would put the SH game out in November when we both have open dates.

Is there some kind of league rule saying you can't have a conference game in September?

Any chance the two athletic departments can agree to change it? It would be really nice to get two home games in September. You'd think they'd learn from 2009 when we had 2 Sept games, which were two of the highest attended non-homecoming games we've had in a recent memory.

No we played at Duquesne the last Saturday in September last year

No we played at Duquesne the last Saturday in September last year

That's right!

Why in the world would they not schedule us and SH in September then?

Not having a bye week isn't great, but having it the 2nd week isn't really a benefit either, IMO.

I'd much rather go 11 weeks straight and have a bye week off before the playoffs, then have a week 2 bye and play 10 weeks straight into the playoffs.

Wagner has THREE league games this September Composite Schedule

I'd think we were getting screwed because we're an associate member, but Duquesne's had more Sept. games than us in their three years in the league

Wagner has THREE league games this September Composite Schedule

I'd think we were getting screwed because we're an associate member, but Duquesne's had more Sept. games than us in their three years in the league

What the heck!

We're the face of the darn league nationally!

Unbelievable.

Let's face it; as an associate member the league will do anything to make it more difficult for us, or least not do anything positive to promote UA. Secondly our "stadium" is an embarasement and IS the number one reason holding UA football back and that's a fact. I said it before, I am amazed what we have accomplished in spite of "ua field".

Archived