UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tim Wilkin vs The Noe Show

Was in the car this afternoon and heard Brian Noe complaining about Tim Wilkin. My first reaction was - hey, that's our job. But on further review, I came across this: http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Sundays-with-Wilkin-1044526.php. So, I'm going to side with Wilkin. I simply don't get the purpose of The Noe Show. It's a local show that never talks about local topics. I'd rathar they kept with the national ESPN guys (Van Pelt, etc.) to talk about national topics.

Was in the car this afternoon and heard Brian Noe complaining about Tim Wilkin. My first reaction was - hey, that's our job. But on further review, I came across this: http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Sundays-with-Wilkin-1044526.php. So, I'm going to side with Wilkin. I simply don't get the purpose of The Noe Show. It's a local show that never talks about local topics. I'd rathar they kept with the national ESPN guys (Van Pelt, etc.) to talk about national topics.

"Toilet bowl flushing" sound effect- right out of the 1980's Radio DJ handbook.

I have never listened to that show. They occasionally play short clips late at night or in the morning. Every clip I have heard has made the show sound unappealing and you would think they would be playing the best parts in a clip.

On the other hand, I am not a fan of the attitude portrayed in Wilkins column; that you have to be interested in horse racing in this area and putting down following bowling and baseball. I don't follow bowling, but I am a baseball fan.

I always have the same attitude towards the TU. You don't tell me what I am interested in. You job in the sports section is to adequately cover all the local teams and I'll read what I am interested in and I'll skip the sienna stories and anything else I don't care about(horse racing for example). Where they have failed is the don't adequately cover the local teams and insist on hyping LCC to an obscene level.

Wilkin stunk this year as UA beat writer. Just wanted to throw that in.

I'd like to know how much of it was his own laziness and how much of it was the TU giving him other assignments/work pulling him off the UA beat.

There should never be a time where we have to wait three days after a game to get a single blog entry. Yet that happened twice this season.

I'd like to know how much of it was his own laziness and how much of it was the TU giving him other assignments/work pulling him off the UA beat.

There should never be a time where we have to wait three days after a game to get a single blog entry. Yet that happened twice this season.

How about something other than the standard crap post-game report??? How about an interview with some players or coaches? How about something on some recruits? As much as I didn't like Mark's negativity at least he wrote some blog posts that were about something other than the game they played that night.

How about something other than the standard crap post-game report??? How about an interview with some players or coaches? How about something on some recruits? As much as I didn't like Mark's negativity at least he wrote some blog posts that were about something other than the game they played that night.

...or three nights ago.

Also something on next years schedule would be nice also. Even Mark S and his negative attitude has most of LCC expected OOC games on the blog for next season while there was nothing from Tim on who the areas best basketball team is expected to play OOC next season. Obviously there are some contracts continuing from this season into next year, but it always seems I hear changes on the schedule from other sources long before the TU finds out. Do they ever ask who we are playing next year. My first 3 questions are always who are we playing, where is the game and when is the game so I can determine which road games I can make.

Also something on next years schedule would be nice also. Even Mark S and his negative attitude has most of LCC expected OOC games on the blog for next season while there was nothing from Tim on who the areas best basketball team is expected to play OOC next season. Obviously there are some contracts continuing from this season into next year, but it always seems I hear changes on the schedule from other sources long before the TU finds out. Do they ever ask who we are playing next year. My first 3 questions are always who are we playing, where is the game and when is the game so I can determine which road games I can make.

I remember the CCSU coach saying were going to be in the preseason nit in the postgame. Is there any truth to that?

Archived