UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CAA talking to BU (MA)

danefan

I thought this deserved its own thread:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/sports/ncaafootball/conference-instability-is-filtering-down-to-the-next-level.html?_r=2&utm_campaign=Feed:%20nyt/rss/Sports%20%28NYT%20&utm_medium=feed&%2362;%20Sports%29=&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimessports&utm_source=feedburner&pagewanted=all

“There are still so many uncertainties,” Tom Yeager, the Colonial Athletic Association commissioner, said. “I think everyone is trying to get a grip on where it’s going. We’re all studying the possibilities. The hardest thing is managing your own people to just not run through a lot of useless energy or getting overly worried about, ‘What are we doing?’ ”

Hofstra’s president, Stuart Rabinowitz, had reached out informally to Atlantic 10 members Charlotte, Richmond and George Washington, along with Boston University of the America East, to gauge their interest in joining the C.A.A., according to two people with knowledge of the talks.

McElroy and Philip need to jump on this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad that they aren't talking to us, would have been nice if we had a stadium to pitch them.

Who knows, maybe this will pave the way for AE football. Wasn't BU one of the major schools that killed it last time? They can have BU if we can grab CCSU and Bryant plus add UNH and Maine football as well as a few others.

Sad that they aren't talking to us, would have been nice if we had a stadium to pitch them.

Who knows, maybe this will pave the way for AE football. Wasn't BU one of the major schools that killed it last time? They can have BU if we can grab CCSU and Bryant plus add UNH and Maine football as well as a few others.

AEast football could become a reality but its probably 5 year away at best.

Its a much better outcome for us to get a full-CAA membership.

The CAA already has twelve teams, and they're talking to four more? Unless they've got inside word that Madison, ODU and Georgia State :lol: are all set to move to an FBS conference, this is probably all pretty preliminary. Didn't Charlotte reject full CAA membership when that was the price of CAA football membership? Richmond was in the CAA until 2001, would everyone want them back (or would they admit a mistake in leaving for the A-10)? Does the CAA think they're far enough past being a one-bid league that 16 teams will compete for one auto-bid?

The same article talks about George Mason and VCU moving to the Atlantic 10. That would open up some CAA spots if it happened.

In a world where the Big East is talking about including Boise State - seriously? Anything seems possible.

I don't know about AE Football. If we have an auto-bid, the teams we want ( welcome Black Bears) and a higher scholarship limit I don't really care if the logo on the says America East or Northeast Conference.

At this point, all I wish for is a full scholly program. With full rides, we'll compete with anyone, anywhere.

Does anyone at UAlbany have this goal? I'd hate to think NO.

It's taken a decade to possibly get a mini football complex.. I hope it doesn't take another decade or more

to max out the scholarships

Archived