UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

So it's do or die now for Coach Ford and the boys.

Monmouth won't be a pushover.

Monmouth Hawks

Sep 3 - L vs. Lehigh, 24-49

Sep 17 - W at Villanova, 20-9

Sep 24 - W at Cent Conn St, 24-12

Oct 1 - L vs. Robert Morris, 20-23

Oct 8 - L vs. Colgate, 14-26

Oct 15 - W at Bryant, 40-35

Oct 22 - W at Sacred Heart, 31-17

Oct 29 - L vs. Duquesne, 0-16

Nov 5 - W at St Francis-PA, 48-45

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That win over Bryant gets my attention after seeing Bryant. Monmouth is still alive for the conference championship also. They are 0-4 at home and 5-0 on the road? Granted they've had some tough home games but still an odd stat.

That win over Bryant gets my attention after seeing Bryant. Monmouth is still alive for the conference championship also. They are 0-4 at home and 5-0 on the road? Granted they've had some tough home games but still an odd stat.

Especially winning at Bryant.

Bryant is really tough at home. They've only lost 5 home games since 2008.

I will again quote coach Herb Brooks when the US defeated the Russians in 1980 and had to play the gold medal game against Sweden 2 days later. He gathered his team around him in the locker room and only said these 15 words then walked out.

This will ring true for our Sr. players.

"Lose this game and you will regret it for the rest of your Fu*king lives"

For the record, Monmouth struggled with St. Francis.

I will again quote coach Herb Brooks when the US defeated the Russians in 1980 and had to play the gold medal game against Sweden 2 days later. He gathered his team around him in the locker room and only said these 15 words then walked out.

They also lost to RMU, but then again they beat Villanova, which even in a down year for Nova is still a solid win for an NEC program (Nova did just beat up on UMass).

They're very inconsistent.

Ruler - you venturing to Jersey saturday?

The attitude must be not only to punch monmouth & sacred heart in the mouth, it's to knock their teeth out.

And Ruler, that quote is spoton, as most of these guys will never play football again, once their UA careers are over.

I Like it. I hope these players are reading this board. Last week was inexcusable, its not like Bryant is a far better team. Albany sh#t the bed last week.

This week there cant be any doubt. They lose this then it wont matter if they finish 6-5 or 7-4. The key is 8-3.

Trust me that first round game in the NCAA's (should we not choke) will be far better than Bryant!

Great post, but we beat Finland in the gold medal game.

Archived