UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I could not make the trip to $^brook; grandkids in from Wisconson (I did take them to the basketball game but ncaa a little too far for a 6 & 4 year old). Watched a good part of the game on espn3 and was proud as hell with UA football. While, I did not agree with the last call, I really have no problem with it (it was a crab shoot and did not work; if it worked we'd all being yelling genius).

I was proud as hell that we competed and very nearly beat a team with so much more--funding, scholarships, facilities, etc.; yet like most on this blog, angered at the unfairness and discrepancies. SoCal and Dane87 have said it best and I will not repeat, but it is time for some answers.

Maybe we should tent-up and Occupy UA field, or better yet, get a group of supporters with shovels and start digging @ the soccer site (don't worry the Albany DA has set a precedent of not prosecuting). In the very least, we should kidnap McElroy and/or Philips and force them to read this blog, each and every post for the past two years. When will the "Football" Stadium (not multi-use field--I do not care if a lot of people community and UA use it, but it must be a football stadium first) be done? What conferences are we looking at to upgrade scholarship and "ALL UNIVERSITY" prestige.

I know, SoCal and others have emailed, but it would seem to me, someone in administration must read this blog and be aware of the support that they would get if they opened up. Why do they refuse to accept the type of offers Ruler and others have made; and the money many have and will pledge if they would only be more open, more proactive with the community, and promote athletics as a prestige building function of the University. Who and What are they afraid of??????

when I was a student at UA (and perhaps it's the same today), the biggest adjective to describe the student body was "apathetic". Through the years I have come to understand that it is not merely the student body who can be deemed apathetic- it is also the administration. I just don't believe there is any sense of urgency on any of the administrators part to get this stadium built. There is no vision for our athletic programs because it seems nobody in charge of UA is demanding one.

Perhaps their focus is on Nano or on the twin PR nightmares that were 'kegs and eggs' and the elimination of several liberal arts programs...but Athletics just kind of falls by the wayside, despite all of our successes.

Ironically, the one thing that can end apathy at UA (first class athletics and facilities) is the one thing that receives the least amount of attention.

From Mark McGuire's Times Union column this morning:

UAlbany football fans should take side-by-side photos of UA's antiquated University Field and Stony Brook's gorgeous Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium, turn them into Christmas cards and mail them to every state legislator, SUNY administrator, high-ranking state official and the governor. No, it probably won't work in getting funding, but this is the time of year when it's the thought that counts.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Siena-will-give-Danes-a-game-2299367.php#ixzz1f6ZxiIyH

From Mark McGuire's Times Union column this morning:

UAlbany football fans should take side-by-side photos of UA's antiquated University Field and Stony Brook's gorgeous Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium, turn them into Christmas cards and mail them to every state legislator, SUNY administrator, high-ranking state official and the governor. No, it probably won't work in getting funding, but this is the time of year when it's the thought that counts.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Siena-will-give-Danes-a-game-2299367.php#ixzz1f6ZxiIyH

I love that he has mentioned this is multiple articles recently. Where has this been for the past 5 years. Imagine if the media starts actually pulling for a stadium. Not sure how much of a difference it would make but may change public perception a bit about it.

McGuire's on it again

http://blog.timesunion.com/mcguire/stony-brook-hosted-two-classic-games-last-weekend/13148/

Maybe I should have stayed in Stony Brook.

A day after UAlbany lost at Stony Brook, the Seawolves’ Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium Sunday hosted the Long Island Class III football championship. It was a football title game unlike any other.

Sayville 78 Lawrence 61.

Wild score, but what jumped out at me was a college hosting high school title games. How … neighborly.

Archived