UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2013 Men's Lacrosse

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEFENSE--------DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After two games: 35 goals scored------35goals allowed. I was @ the colgate scrimmage and the carrier dome classic and it seems our defensive strategy is let the other team score so we can get the ball back quicker. I am really just kidding, because @ times in Syracuse the defense was awesome. I do not know what happened yesterday; but it could not have been too good. We blew a six goal first half lead (7-1) and were up by 5 @ the half and still up 4 late in the third. I never played lacrosse and I have no idea what the answer is, but if this team could somehow figure out how to play defense and how to NOT get complacent when ahead, well the sky is the limit.

Nobody want to comment on Saturday's loss to Yale?? Was the win at cuse a fluke? We lose one player {albeit our best/second best} and the entire team totally forgets how to play as a team? Our rookie stud goalie has allowed 50 goals in three games; does that not suggest trying someone else? Huber played well @ times last year and has a year of majority. By reports Riccardelli made some spectacular saves in the Cornell scrimmage [unconfirmed though]. The defense has looked good at times and not so other times, but perhaps it is the goalie and not them alone causing our gpg to be 16.6666666...........

Anyone know if Miles will be back for umass tomorrow?

Edited by dslyank

Marr was on Wyland's show today (regular 10:45 Monday spot). Miles sounded unlikely; he had an operation to put a couple of pins in his hand, and it's a matter of being able to put his hand in his glove, pain tolerance, and being able to grip the stick.

Said we lost focus at times against Yale (duh) and that the game was closer than it looked (I don't think so). UMass lost to Brown this weekend.

Article in the tu said Marr through the whole team out of practice Monday. So the players met and then practiced by themselves without coaches. Maybe they should do this more often [just kidding]; they looked like a totally different team yesterday than the team I saw play Yale. Great game and good to see some new goal scorers--Maloney got his career first plus two more, McNally and Haugen got their career first's; and most came at important times in the game.

I would set a link to the tu article if I knew how. Someone want to explain how and I will be glad to try; or if a more tech savvy person wants to set the link that would be fine.

http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/UAlbany-gets-message-4331119.php

Edited by dslyank

Can't look past Bryant this saturday. I know they are 0-5, but have proved to be tough for us in the past; and being 0-5 can be either demoralizing or can stimulate a team.

So, last saturday how do we lose 22 out of 27 face offs, get beat on ground balls; yet manage to win by one? Anyone have any more details or thoughts on that game?

Maybe we took them too lightly... a winless canisius... possible theory.

We were a perfect 22/22 in clears, very happy to see the vast improvement there.

They slightly beat us on ground balls, and the knocked us on our ass in faceoffs. Maybe we entered

the contest trying to win with a 75% effort. Who's going to get 'fired up' for Canisius.

Yep, one game at a time. We have another trap game in bryant.