UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2013 Men's Lacrosse

Losing a game by one in the last minute without..arguably..your two best players by itself wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But likely knocking out any at-large chances we had isn't fun.

To me no way to sugar coat this. For a ranked team it is a horrendous loss even without 2 starters.It could be the worst loss of any ranked team this season, but the game is over and they have the chance to respond to this and show it was an aberration in the next game and the rest of the remaining games.

Edited by bob87

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If bingo had not lost to vermont @home & hartford had not lost to brook @home last saturday, and we do beat brook this saturday; brook would not even be in the tournament. Now we may have to beat brook twice at LaVallle. Well, I do not know exactly what the above says about home court advantage, but I hope it bodes well for us as we are most definitely on the road the rest of the way (hopes of a home ncaa very dim now--after terrible loss to $iena). Hopes of ncaa at all getting scary.

OT. It is conceivable with an upset or two this saturday, that every AmEast team except UA could end up 2 and 3.

Edited by dslyank

Let's not overblow this. Lyle is clearly one of the best players in the country and is the catalyst for this team. With the full Thompson trio on the field Albany is still the team to beat in the AE and if they make the tourney a tough opponent for any team in the first round.

Slick, I agree 100% and did not mean to overblow, just stating our margin of error has pretty much shrunk to near zero. If we had not lost to $iena and we beat brook saturday, and slip in the AmEast, an at large bid would have been still possible; and a win out would have meant an excellent chance of hosting an ncca game.

Edited by dslyank

Maybe this will soften the blow:

"Amid a fantastic season for the Danes and one in which he’s got a legitimate shot at coming close to or possibly besting the NCAA single-season points record (89 points, record is 114), Great Danes sophomore Lyle Thompson missed Albany’s game against Siena Tuesday night to be on hand for the birth of his second child. I’m sure we’ll hear some commentary from those who are critical of this situation, but I for one will not be a part of that. This kid doesn’t need to defend the decisions he’s made or the life he’s leading; in fact, he’s got plenty of reason to be proud. Life is more important than lacrosse and this is one of those instances where it becomes the overarching theme. Lyle’s a young man from a culture that a lot of people in lacrosse would have a difficult time understanding. To me, it only adds intrigue to the incredible season Lyle is putting together. No doubt it is one he, his family and his teammates will never forget. The Danes will lick their wounds from the Siena loss, and if they reach the NCAA tournament by way of the America East’s automatic qualifier, the loss to the Saints and the fact Lyle wasn’t there will likely be a moot point. "

If it only weren't a loss to the doophus crew across town... if we were fully staffed, outcome would have been completely different.

I wanted to run the table, but deep down, I don't mind a loss that helps motivate heading into the playoffs. A long winning streak

without being brought back down to reality can be dangerous when it counts.

Let's take the tournament and EARN the birth.

The team with only one dressed Thompson loses by one goal to LCC.

The team with three dressed Thompsons is beating Stony Brook by ten goals (16-6) halfway through the third quarter.

Still ticks me off that they think they got one over on us... To bad we were missing such two critical pieces.