UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where's the recruiting talk?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an article about a kid we lost to UNH. Nice to see the PEER schools we are listed with:

Football

MIKE BORYESKNE, a 6-foot-3, 223-pound defensive end/linebacker from Sparta (N.J.) High School, is one of the latest recruits to verbally commit to accepting a UNH football scholarship.

"He's very quick," said Sparta coach Frank Marchiano. "He went down to the Temple camp and ran a 4.76 in the 40. He's got speed off the edge and is good at getting to the quarterback. I think he was seventh in the state with 15 1/2 sacks. He had 89 tackles this year, two interceptions and two safeties."

Delaware, James Madison, William & Mary and Albany were among those recruiting Boryeskne, Marchiano said.

Boryeskne made his official recruiting visit to UNH a week ago.

Sparta was 9-2 and went to the state finals.

The football team continues to bring recruits in for official visits. The national letter of intent signing period, when recruits officially accept their scholarships, begins on Feb. 6.

This one should frustrate some people here, especially the regular football guys:

Pease looking north. Paul VI senior Greg Pease, a first-team All-South Jersey linebacker, has visits scheduled this weekend to New Haven and Central Connecticut, Paul VI coach John Doherty said.

New Haven is a Division II program that went 10-1 last season. Central Connecticut is a Division I program at the Football Championship Subdivision level that plays in the Northeast Conference.

Pease also has drawn recruiting interest from Albany, which competes in the Northeast Conference, too.

Possible NH QB recruit?:

QUARTERBACK KEEPER

Bedford (N.H.) High School's James Caparell may have been the best quarterback in New Hampshire last season, but he's still waiting for his first scholarship offer.

Caparell has received interest from mix of FCS and Division II schools, but said at this point his future is unclear. A postgraduate year at Worcester Academy is also a possibility.

Rhode Island, Marist and Albany are among the FCS schools that have shown interest. He's also been contacted by several Division 2 schools in the Northeast-10 Conference, including Merrimack, New Haven, St. Anselm and Stonehill.

“Merrimack and Stonehill have already said they were going to give me money, it's just a matter of how much,” Caparell said. “I'm just looking for a good program at the highest level I can compete at.”

New Hampshire has also shown interest in Caparell, but not as a quarterback. The Wildcats already have several young QBs on their roster.

“They're really the only school looking at me as an athlete,” Caparell said. “I would still get some reps at quarterback, but they see me as a potential wide receiver or defensive back, which I've played.

“I'd like to play quarterback [in college], but it'll really come down to money and the school. Picking the right school is important just in case something happened and I couldn't play football.”

Caparell completed 153 of 233 passes for 2,265 yards and 25 touchdowns last season. He also rushed for 536 yards and 11 touchdowns on 87 carries. He completed 579 passes for 5,389 yards during his four-year varsity career.