UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where's the recruiting talk?

Here's an article stating that TE Kalief Joyner will be signing on Wednesday morning: http://www.myrecordjournal.com/sports/cheshire/article_3b29d0a8-6f33-11e2-8a40-001a4bcf887a.html

On Wednesday morning, the pair will be joined in a National Signing Day ceremony at Cheshire Academy by post-grad strong safety Tommy Bodulus of Pennsylvania (Bucknell), free safety Sam Russell of Massachusetts (Brown), tight end Kalief Joyner of Brooklyn (Albany) and running back Leaon Gordon of Brookfield (Merrimack or Sacred Heart).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington Post showing that LB Marcel Ngachie is committed (we can wait for tomorrow for the NLOI.):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/post/national-signing-day-2013-kendall-fuller-jonathan-allen-highlight-area-players-expected-to-sign/2013/02/05/9c46275e-6fa8-11e2-ac36-3d8d9dcaa2e2_blog.html

"LB Marcel Ngachie, Good Counsel: The WCAC champions’ leading tackler bypassed bigger schools to commit to Albany. Last season for the Falcons he made 27 solo tackles, including eight for losses, and had 44 assists."

Another article on Ngachie, showing that he is one of the higher rated FCS recruits this year:

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/college/article/361211/198/In-the-FCS-Huddle-High-graded-commits-among-FCS-recruiting-haul

ESPN Recruiting Nation (national high grade is 94):

79- Albany - Marcel Ngachie (No. 44 outside linebacker), 6-0, 200icon1.png, Olney, Md. (Our Lady of Good Counsel)

24/7 SPORTS

3 Stars (out of 5); 88 Grade (national high grade is 101)

Albany - Marcel Ngachie (No. 49 outside linebacker), 6-0, 200, Olney, Md. (Our Lady of Good Counsel)

I forgot to mention that we lost a CB recruit to NDSU:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/388879/group/homepage/

"His head coach, Bill Castle, said the 5-foot-11, 170-pound Dempsey picked NDSU over Coastal Carolina and Albany, two former Division I Football Championship Subdivision playoff teams and two that were nationally ranked this year."

Another article on Ngachie, showing that he is one of the higher rated FCS recruits this year:

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/college/article/361211/198/In-the-FCS-Huddle-High-graded-commits-among-FCS-recruiting-haul

ESPN Recruiting Nation (national high grade is 94):

79- Albany - Marcel Ngachie (No. 44 outside linebacker), 6-0, 200icon1.png, Olney, Md. (Our Lady of Good Counsel)

24/7 SPORTS

3 Stars (out of 5); 88 Grade (national high grade is 101)

Albany - Marcel Ngachie (No. 49 outside linebacker), 6-0, 200, Olney, Md. (Our Lady of Good Counsel)

FYI Ngachie is a HS teammate of Michael Nicastro who signed with us last year.

Too early? Heck, I've been excited for 5 months! We knew all of this would drastically impact recruiting, and in all sports.

Nicastro played a significant role in Ngachie's decision. New stadium, a legend of a coach... heck, everyone should want to come to Albany!

I think it is clear that the new stadium and the CAA are paying immediate dividends, but for Ngachie, without the signed national letter of intent there is still reason to be uncertain.

I'm talking about excitement in general, for where everything is headed. I wasn't really talking about Ngachie.

I'm excited about the entire pool of recruits, ones that we get and ones that we at least get interest. Like df said,

the difference is amazing.

Btw, the recruiting page link from page 3 on this thread says he's commited to Albany as well.

I'm talking about excitement in general, for where everything is headed. I wasn't really talking about Ngachie.

I'm excited about the entire pool of recruits, ones that we get and ones that we at least get interest. Like df said,

the difference is amazing.

Btw, the recruiting page link from page 3 on this thread says he's commited to Albany as well.

Gotcha. Agreed that there is a lot to get excited about.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting, even if the recruiting period lasts what, a month?